aberdeen-music

Slanted & Enchanted #3 Fri 10th April

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
I'm coming to this. I said I was coming to the last one and didn't because I'm a bad man and something came up, but I'm actually coming to this one. I am.

Ah, it's cool - I think this one is much more your cup of tea anyway.

So it better be good, Phil, or it's fisticuffs.

If this isn't good, I will eat my hat. And also, I think I could take you.

Although I fear your twin brother will jump to your aid. I mean, I'm hard as nails, but taking on two 6'4"ers is beyond my capabilities.

Ah, it's cool - I think this one is much more your cup of tea anyway.

If this isn't good, I will eat my hat. And also, I think I could take you.

Although I fear your twin brother will jump to your aid. I mean, I'm hard as nails, but taking on two 6'4"ers is beyond my capabilities.

I'm working for you so i got your back...

Guest idol_wild

Aaaand the food for the bands is prepared and ready to go.

Final preperations DONE. Now I just need to populate my CD wallet.

TOMORROW NIGHT, FOLKS.

Get excited. And bring all your friends. And family.

Guest idol_wild
I'm gutted I will have to miss Wintermute still :( Those guys are sound. I hope you all enjoy them though and buy their new album, they deserve it. However, I am so excited to see Vessels. I'm a huge fan of the album, one of my favorites from last year.

Agreed. I've given the Vessels album repeated listens and the first two tracks absolutely slay me every time.

Magnificent.

I've never met Joe before...I've been told he looks like "Alkaline with a belly" so I'm hoping to know from that who he is.

Awww, that's not nice. He doesn't look much like me at all really and he doesn't have a "belly". Poor lad.

I think we're probably going to have to get a photo together to sort this rumour out :D

Guest idol_wild
Awww, that's not nice. He doesn't look much like me at all really and he doesn't have a "belly". Poor lad.

I think we're probably going to have to get a photo together to sort this rumour out :D

I'LL BRING A CAMERA TONIGHT.

Yas.

all the bands were hella awesome. vessels and wintermute were particularly ace. one of the gigs of the year i'd say. had popollo and the eskimo lot been on a different bill we'd all have been going nuts over them but such was the strength of this line up that they came out as a little less special than wintermute and vessels, who were amazing.

well done phil.

only kidding!

i had a smashing time this evening at the tunnels. all the bands tickled my figurative fancy, figuratively. especially that vessels lot, they were a very talented bunch of individuals. popolo were great too, music with influences so hard to pin down is not normally so accessible and danceable.

mad props to those involved.

popolo were fantastic. made me very envious of just how talented they are. so tight. although i did get a bit bored in the middle, they picked up at the end.

great eskimo hoax were ok but really didn't do much for me at all unfortunately. too much twiddle :(

wintermute were ACE. was nice to see a proper frontman in a band for once as oppoosed to awkward inbetween song chat. he really did give a good show especially when the long deceased spirits of cedric bixler and omar rodriguez-lopez possessed him AT THE SAME TIME. great songs too. just the right amount of technical ability crossed with ace poppy hooks. wonderful band!

all credit to phil. he deserves a lot more credit and thanks than i think he actually gets!

Wintermute were superb. Their frontman was awesome. Sick dancing.

I liked the first band too. The time changes were slick.

Whilst I was peeing, someone stole my seat and threw my jacket on the floor. Bastards. I'm never going to a gig again.

Were you sitting beside the stairs? With a girl?