aberdeen-music

Slanted & Enchanted #3 Fri 10th April

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
all credit to phil. he deserves a lot more credit and thanks than i think he actually gets!

I don't do it for credit or thanks - I'm in it for the good music and the good times. It's actually a very selfish thing, to be perfectly honest.

I book bands I want to see. Fuck everyone else! :)

But thank you for saying nice things (and for helping with marketing).

I'm not even going to try and do justice to Vessels by trying to articulate into words how good I thought they were. Probably the best band I have ever seen and heard. Overwhelmingly good. Their music has affected me quite heavily this week. Utterly stunning.

The other three were fucking nifty too. Massive thanks to all four bands for being fucking brilliant people and brilliant musicians. And thanks to those who came - everyone seemed to really enjoy at least one of the bands, so that pleases me a lot.

this was real good... i was just too tired to look like i enjoyed anything.

Considering the length of time Popolo have been about i was pretty impressed, but i can echo the sentiments earlier in the thread about ideas either being too short or too long and occasionally linke a bit clumsily linked, but on the whole pretty impressive and TIGHT!

been listening to Great Eskimo Hoax on their myspace a bit since the gig and i MUCH prefer them on record, they were pretty impressive though.

i thought wintermute were okish, but after watching the video i decided i don't like them because the singers singing face is really off putting.

the singers face was really off putting and the bassist was pouting the whole time, but they were much better than i had expected. heaps of good hooks and cool technical stuff. definitely sticking to a formula, but that's probably not neccessarily a bad thing for this kind of band.

I'm usually a total cynic when it comes to the whole 'lets have heaps on instruments on stange and make a ton of noise' approach, however vessels have nailed it (so much so that others that do it should just stop because they are embarrassing themselves). Interesting when quiet (not just 'ambient') and completely crushing in the heavier parts. fantastic!

Guest idol_wild
due to a clash in my mates 21st and this gig i only saw poppolo :(

I think they are tight but songs are too short and could be developed more. Anyhoo - well done phil quality line-up :)

Yeah - sorry the night didn't fit into your schedule; I know you were genuinely excited to see Vessels. But they expressed a huge interest in coming back to play S&E again, so next time! ;)

Guest idol_wild
Send 'em my way to Phil :p.

You know I will. I'm considering offering my services to book them an entire Scottish tour next time - a worthwhile one. So I will definitely be keen to work with you for the Glasgow one. :)

Fool of a Took for not attending this gig from beginning to end! Awe inspiring. Gigs like this remind you how exciting live music can and should be. Even in ever so modestly powered Tunnel 2, they brought every ounce of dynamic intensity and depth I hoped they would.

Best Deen gig so far this year. I believe the correct term is Yas Min?

• 4 months later...