aberdeen-music

Slanted & Enchanted #3 Fri 10th April

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

SLANTED & ENCHANTED CLUB NIGHT #3

We've been very busy here at Slanted & Enchanted towers and here's another pretty freakin' exciting line-up. Well, we think so anyway! Four absolute quality out-of-town acts who will hopefully beguile and bewilder you in all the right ways.

WINTERMUTE

The "Old" Wintermute Myspace Page on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

THIS IS POWER! Wintermute are another one of these ace punchy pop bands currently on the Big Scary Monsters roster. Sonically cerebral, with zag-zag grooves and jerky slices of intricate guitar interplay, these off-kilter popsters are as tight as a nun's chuff! Leeds has all the best bands...

"The whole thing is held together by some of the jerkiest guitar work this side of a Jade Tree compilation." - Drowned in Sound

"Expect to be impressed." - Rock Sound

GREAT ESKIMO HOAX

great eskimo hoax on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Great Eskimo Hoax play twiddly and intelligent guitar pop spliced with all manner of vintage keyboards and danceable rhythms. Their new material is being produced by Yannis Philippakis of Foals and we should expect these recording to explode real soon! I am excited.

VESSELS

vessels on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Vessels are a band we at Slanted & Enchanted have been looking to book for a wee while, so we're glad we have finally snared them for a show up here. Formed in Leeds in 2005, they have developed into one of the most refined and beautiful experimental rock bands in the UK. Both unique and alluring, Vessels flit between moments of wistful and reflective beauty and sheer joyous abstract elation. Consider Vessels to be a musical epiphany - impossible to genrify.

POPOLO

POPOLO on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

ALL HAIL POPOLO! These Dundee whippersnappers are pretty freakin' good! They are all about the good times with their mathy, beat-driven instrumentals laced with both atmosphere and razor sharp snarls in equal measure. Popolo are going to have a very good 2009, but don't take our word for it - come and witness and share the joy!

Followed by DJs.

FRIDAY APRIL 10th 2009

THE TUNNELS

8PM

5 / 3 AFTER MIDNIGHT

Slanted and Enchanted Club Night on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Big Scary Monsters Records on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Poster to follow.

Get your advance tickets here: WeGotTickets - Your Online Box Office - SLANTED & ENCHANTED

Tickets will also be available from One Up within the next week or so.

Facebook event: Login | Facebook

If you're coming, then please invite all your friends and make this one big party of joy and love. That does not mean we want to turn it into a sex orgy - just a musical orgy.

SLANTED & ENCHANTED WILL ALSO BE ANNOUNCING A VERY EXCITING GIG FOR THE END OF APRIL. YOU WILL BE INFORMED IN DUE COURSE.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
i love your text style

nice to see a YAS MIN in there too :D

shame this clashes with my clubnight down here, I would have liked to have checked out this line up.

I knew you'd appreciate the "Yas Min"! :D

Pity it clashes actually. I think you, and so many others, would get a lot out of this line-up. In terms of overall fun and cohesion between the acts, this is one of the best line-ups I've assembled, even if I do say so myself. I usually like a bit of variation on my bills, but all of these acts fit really well together.

Glad you like the text style. It took me years to make that font style look suitably child-like! :D

Guest idol_wild
Phil - that is another hand made poster yeah? Smashin stuff!

jjst gave that wintermute band a listen - also smashin stuff.

overall this looks set to be smashin.

Handmade, yes. It's the only way I know how. Photoshop is beyond me really (and I am far too busy to learn it). Plus I like the DIY look of hand crafted posters. It sort of symbolises the whole ethos behind it.

Glad you're liking the bands! Tell all your friends; link them to this thread or the facebook events page (if they use facebook) and tell them to buy advance tickets. Word of mouth is often the best form of promotion :)

Though I plan to have flyers handed to almost every person in the city ;)