aberdeen-music

Favourite 5 Beatles songs.

Edgar Graham

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ringo piped up with the line "told you 'bout the swans how they live in the park" in Badge by clapton/harrison.

There's not often I come across something new to me about The Beatles..congratulations :up:

Superb song, love the bassline, melody and guitar work. Short and sweet :)

Guest Motleyal
There's not often I come across something new to me about The Beatles..congratulations :up:

Superb song, love the bassline, melody and guitar work. Short and sweet :)

I think i read it in a recent classic rock. Yeah, it's one of my favourite songs. Probably clapton's best work.

I know his stuff has been patchy with the early 70s stuff prob the best (Ram and Band on The Run) but his last two albums have been really good (interesting and fresh). He suffers through his lack of quality control rather than ability coupled with his range of output (kids pap to Classical to ambient and all points inbetween). Live he is outstanding, really great show and it really shows his quality.

I think he gets a really raw deal IHMO.

I liked the second-last one too. I'm hoping with all the turmoil in his personal life over recent years he'll come up with his solo masterpiece soon.

I saw him at the Capitol with Wings (mid 70s), although the only bit I recall with any clarity was him doing 'Blackbird'.

I did a cover of 'What's the new Mary Jane' for a German Beatles tribute (suppose this makes me a 'Tribute' Band...erk!!!!), but the record only got as far as test-pressings (of which I have one).

Of course it was called Badge because one of them (can't remember if it was Clapton or Harrison) wrote down "Bridge" on a piece of paper and the other mis-read it as Badge and said "Oh that's a goo title.

Harrison wrote it Clapton misread it...classic

I liked the second-last one too. I'm hoping with all the turmoil in his personal life over recent years he'll come up with his solo masterpiece soon.

I saw him at the Capitol with Wings (mid 70s), although the only bit I recall with any clarity was him doing 'Blackbird'.

I did a cover of 'What's the new Mary Jane' for a German Beatles tribute (suppose this makes me a 'Tribute' Band...erk!!!!), but the record only got as far as test-pressings (of which I have one).

I almost saw them at the Glasgow Apollo in 79 Back To The Egg but was a tad young and didn't get my arse in gear.

Mary Jane as a cover, you brave man. And no I don't think that makes you a Tribute Band that would mean The Beatles were an Isley Brothers tribute band for Twist and Shout ha ha. Plus it's not exactly predicable...

And I hope there is a masterpiece around the corner too. His best solo work is when in turmoil e.g. Band On The Run and post Mills. Contented Macca = going through the motions with the occasional classic dropped in.

• 2 weeks later...

I only recently got the new remasters (although I'd be living off the Dr.Ebbett's mixes before then) so I have been Beatling with a renewed vigour lately.

It Won't Be Long

You're Going To Lose That Girl

Run For Your Life

Got To Get You Into My Life

Baby You're A Rich Man

My top 5 for yesterday was:

Only A Northern Song

I've Got A Feeling

Come Together

Taxman

Hey Bulldog

• 2 weeks later...