• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Motleyal

come together

revolution (single version)

She Said She Said

Yer Blues

A day in the life

Hmm all written by john lennon. except the break in a day in the life.

bubbling under: oh darling, i want you (shes so heavy)

Guest Motleyal
Hey, don't get pissed off with me just because you can't even read sleeve-notes.

I can read sleevenotes. I also read books and john lennon was the priciple writer of those songs as very few beatles songs were co written after 1964/65.

I thought you would know that.

Just now it's

Money (That's What I Want)

Something

Nowhere Man

Here, There and Everywhere

Hey Bulldog

Sorry Jammer, but "Money (that's what I want)" is not a Beatles song !!..... it was written by Berry Gordy, founder of Motown Records.

(maybe if you said Favourite Five Beatles Songs including Covers.... then that would work !)

am I just being a bit pedantic ? sorry !

:)

Sorry Jammer, but "Money (that's what I want)" is not a Beatles song !!..... it was written by Berry Gordy, founder of Motown Records.

(maybe if you said Favourite Five Beatles Songs including Covers.... then that would work !)

am I just being a bit pedantic ? sorry !

:)

Methinks you are as the thread did not specify "written by", it is open to interpretation...and as a Beatles fan of 35 years and counting.I am well aware of the who wrote what ta very much.

But as I'm off tae see Macca for the 4th time in my life love and peace fills my Fab Thumbs Aloft world...I'll let you off :up::up:

8-)

Methinks you are as the thread did not specify "written by", it is open to interpretation...and as a Beatles fan of 35 years and counting.I am well aware of the who wrote what ta very much.

But as I'm off tae see Macca for the 4th time in my life love and peace fills my Fab Thumbs Aloft world...I'll let you off :up::up:

8-)

Ha Ha... I trolled back to my own post earlier in this thread, and found that I had done exactly the same thing anyway, by including "Twist & Shout" !!

guilty as charged M'lud !!

:up:

Ha Ha... I trolled back to my own post earlier in this thread, and found that I had done exactly the same thing anyway, by including "Twist & Shout" !!

guilty as charged M'lud !!

:up:

Ha ha there you go, whilst my first lot were all originals...I think :)

Guest Motleyal

Bigsby, fuck off, you obviously have a small penis and need to throw your weight about on this website to make yourself feel big. I've got better things to do with my time than waste it on a total cunt of the highest order like you.

Apologies for diverting from the thread topic.

Bigsby, fuck off, you obviously have a small penis and need to throw your weight about on this website to make yourself feel big. I've got better things to do with my time than waste it on a total cunt of the highest order like you.

Apologies for diverting from the thread topic.

Obviously touched a nerve.

Nevertheless, apology accepted, good that you accepted your mistake at last.

I think what Motleyal is meaning here is that the bulk of the songs he mentioned were written by John Lennon with either little or no input from Paul McCartney and he would be correct.

It would be ridiculous to think that every song released under the publishing name of "Lennon/McCartney" (every original Beatle's song other than the Harrison ones and Octopus's Garden) was completely co-written by the two.

To think of the two most obvious examples -

John Lennon: Strawberry Fields Forever

Paul McCartney: Penny Lane

A number of years back McCartney even tried to change the credits on some songs he had written to McCartney/Lennon.

I think what Motleyal is meaning here is that the bulk of the songs he mentioned were written by John Lennon with either little or no input from Paul McCartney and he would be correct.

It would be ridiculous to think that every song released under the publishing name of "Lennon/McCartney" (every original Beatle's song other than the Harrison ones and Octopus's Garden) was completely co-written by the two.

A number of years back McCartney even tried to change the credits on some songs he had written to McCartney/Lennon.

And to muddy the waters even more, the credits were originally McCartney/Lennon on Please Please Me single and album (although the first single was Lennon/McCartney) and McCartney used the McCartney/Lennon credits for all the Beatles tracks on Wings Over America back in 1976 but nobody made a big deal about it.

Oh and Flying was the only group credited track with one other notable exception to the normal credits being What Goes On which was Starkey/Lennon/McCartney.

Guest Motleyal

Even solo releases were supposed to be Lennon/McCartney (whilst the beatles were still an entity).

When Lennon presented Cold Turkey to the band, McCartney totally dismissed it so Lennon released it with his being the sole name on the songwriting credit.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Tocco: SAMSUNG-SGH-F480/F480ADIA1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.4 Qtv5.3 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

And to muddy the waters even more, the credits were originally McCartney/Lennon on Please Please Me single and album (although the first single was Lennon/McCartney) and McCartney used the McCartney/Lennon credits for all the Beatles tracks on Wings Over America back in 1976 but nobody made a big deal about it.

Oh and Flying was the only group credited track with one other notable exception to the normal credits being What Goes On which was Starkey/Lennon/McCartney.

Ah, thought there was another song in which ringo was credited but wasn't sure which one. Interesting about "Flying". The only instrumental track - would ringo's input really have been any more than normal? Must have felt sorry for him that day.

McCartney's solo stuff always passed me by, but I actually liked the last one, which worries me quite a bit :down:

I know his stuff has been patchy with the early 70s stuff prob the best (Ram and Band on The Run) but his last two albums have been really good (interesting and fresh). He suffers through his lack of quality control rather than ability coupled with his range of output (kids pap to Classical to ambient and all points inbetween). Live he is outstanding, really great show and it really shows his quality.

I think he gets a really raw deal IHMO.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Tocco: SAMSUNG-SGH-F480/F480ADIA1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.4 Qtv5.3 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Ah, thought there was another song in which ringo was credited but wasn't sure which one. Interesting about "Flying". The only instrumental track - would ringo's input really have been any more than normal? Must have felt sorry for him that day.

Ringo did come up with titles and lines in songs which were cool (e.g. Hard Days Night, Tomorrow Never Knows and some lines from Eleanor Rigby). Quite why he got a credit for Flying is beyond me...unless it was generosity.

Forgot Cry For A Shadow from the Sheridan session in Hamburg which is Harrison/Lennon.