aberdeen-music

Cap Sant! release the hounds

Panda Strong

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
I like we're tagged as the elitists band. I don't know where that could of come from, but I like it.

Because every post has been positive so far, expect stuff like this. Welcome to aberdeen-music :)

Smart!.My only complaint is that I find all the gangvocals slightly overkill and would like some good old fashioned singing at some points.

Looking forward to the gig next week

i'd probably agree with what Dave said here, but i love gang vocals.

why couldn't people who are actually from aberdeen put something like this together?! :down: arg!

Only just got round to this...

Can only really echo the sentiments, pretty much exactly what I was expecting for the people involved.

tis pretty good, but TOO sickly for me, but then I think the same about los campesinos, algernon cadwallader and a lot of busy indie-emo-pop-whatever bands. Kind of thing that I usually like live, but not so much on record.

some of the tags are also a bit predictable - which is a bit of a shame for a new band. Being totally honest, I do see where the elitst stuff comes from but thats more from posting personalities and too much exposure/suckingup on collective-zine.

But yeah, keep it up, not enough good pop bands in Scotland. I still miss the welles :(

As for the Fest, has it not been going for 7 years or something now? Kenny and Sarah from tiob have been out the past few years.

thanks a lot! i think it'll be a bit different live...hopefully different in a good way though :D! And thanks to everyone else with the kind words! if this elitist thing isn't a joke then it's a bit of a shame, especially if it's based on online persona's by people that haven't met any of us (if its someone who has i'll be having words :p) in person. but hey, whatever. and totally, i understand the collective zine thannng - but there aren't many forums that would show interest in this kinda thing, so i dunno.

and i kinda agree about the gang vocals. We discovered that one of the few down sides about recording everyone through the mac mic is that most of the shouting/singing done with only one track sounds reallllly hollow, to we just 'ganged' it up a bit to beef it out more than anything!

the fest is meant to be great, yeah! it seems to take over gainesville florida for 3 days with shows pretty much EVERYWHERE!