aberdeen-music

Have you got the Horn?

phil_anderson

Calling all Trumpet players, Trombone sliders, Max Sax blasters...

Are you into playing really Funked Up Jazz? looking for a chance to "Never play the same thing Once" then look no further. We take our lead from the masters, Miles (70's) Herbie (Headhunters) and are starting to write our own take on Jazz/Funk or Fjunk if you like, we meet up in Aberdeen every couple of weeks or so, and would like to Hear You, and what you have to say, Musically...

send an email to designit@hotmail.co.uk and any sound files of yourself, and I'll send you back some rough sketches of what we are up to...

Calling all Trumpet players, Trombone sliders, Max Sax blasters...

Are you into playing really Funked Up Jazz? looking for a chance to "Never play the same thing Once" then look no further. We take our lead from the masters, Miles (70's) Herbie (Headhunters) and are starting to write our own take on Jazz/Funk or Fjunk if you like, we meet up in Aberdeen every couple of weeks or so, and would like to Hear You, and what you have to say, Musically...

send an email to designit@hotmail.co.uk and any sound files of yourself, and I'll send you back some rough sketches of what we are up to...

You should come along to the Super Six Funk Machine night on the 27th March. Not so much Jazz funk but straight up party funk. Also got the Leonard Jones Potential from Inverness playing this month.

we're doin chameleon, watermelon man and de boids arrive from the Headhunters so far, so maybe Actual Proof, Sly or Loft Funk still to come, we're also looking at some Bruford ones, G five and Joe Frazier. And a fair stack of John Scofield off of Uberjam.

I think there are some rough takes from the practices up on Ron Cockers site at Bibo...