aberdeen-music

Graphic Design

aekido

Didnt see your post there, sorry! yeah just gimme a email at leviwjbunyan@hotmail.co.uk

ALSO

I'm free for a few days between 5th and 14th of May, looking to do some band promotional photography and some model photography for bands... No charge, ofcourse ^^

Any bands that are interested PM me or email me

Cheers

you really shouldn't do all that stuff for free. i know you're building a portfolio but you should always try and charge something for your time and effort. bear in mind that it makes it harder for professionals to make money from that stuff if everyone goes to students and semi-pros who are doing it for free and you should be trying to place a value on your end product and your skill.

some situations it's worth doing for free of course but not absolutely everything.

tbh, if i say im charging its more than likely no one will want to, look at my posters, out of all the ones I've done thus far, one person offered money, or even mentioned money

i get that but your posters are certainly of a quality that should demand some kind of fee, perhaps even a token payment or a few beers at least. at least once you've built your name up you should advertise your services for a fee.

Yeah my initial idea was to build a portfolio and get my name 'out there' before working towards a fee, once people knew my name a bit and could see work I've done already, rather than me looking for money without anyone having a clue if I was any good or not ^^

Yeah my initial idea was to build a portfolio and get my name 'out there' before working towards a fee, once people knew my name a bit and could see work I've done already, rather than me looking for money without anyone having a clue if I was any good or not ^^

I've got total respect for your approach. I also think your designs are great. A very distinctive style that people will recognise if they are exposed to it enough, and the best way for that to happen is to do a shit load of stuff, whether it's paid or not. Good luck to you.

Right thats my uni hand in date finished so I'm back in business baby :p

So yeah, Posters, Flyers, stickers Cd covers, etc etc gimme a email :)

Also eager to get more promotional photography going, so any bands that need some shots done, message me ^^

Still looking for some model and band shots for May / June. My diary so far is:

May

Wednesday 13th: Shoot W/ Emma Davidson

Friday 15th: Unavailable

Saturday 16th: Promo shoot W/ The Go Slow

Tuesday 19th: Unavailable

Thursday 21st: Shoot W/ Miss Hellcat

Friday 22nd: Shoot W/ Jennifer Carson

June

Monday 15th: Unavailable

Tuesday 16th: Shoot W/ Cat/Blugoogirl

Technically, not band networking, but I thought this section was the most suitable for this thread.

I'm currently a year 2 student at RGU doing Graphic Design, tho I've been doing art since I was about 4. Started using photoshop around 5 years ago, and progressively moved into illustrator, flash, indesign and dreamweaver, basically trying to be a well rounded designer.

Looks like I may be in some of your modules next year then.