aberdeen-music

Frustrating internet problem

For the past week my internet connection has been playing up, meaning that after x minutes, I cannot browse the internet using Firefox or Internet Explorer. I can still check emails using Windows Mail however. Firstly, I thought this was a problem related to Channel 4's 4oD software (I was getting a strange message relating to "Windows Delivery Manager, which I traced back to 4oD) so I unistalled it. My computer seemed fine for a couple of days, but now it is playing up again. I ran the diagnose and repair function and it gave this message:

"www.microsoft.com" is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web service (HTTP)" with this computer.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? The problem is resolved by restarting my computer, but obviously this is pretty annoying...

• 3 weeks later...

It is Vista. I have narrowed it down to a problem with Firefox, as I figured out that I could still use the internet with Internet Explorer. Firefox essentially freezes, and when I try reload it, I get a message saying that Firefox is still running and I either need to close it or restart my computer.