aberdeen-music

question for web designers/graphic designers

framheim

i'm fiddling with concepts for my website but i'm a bit crap at all this. what's the easiest way to make this into a working front page?

3256499568_73e851f9d0.jpg

i've done it in illustrator and it would've been dead easy if illustrator would just let you turn text into a link(maybe it does?). any suggestions?

The last version I used was MX 2004 so when I opened up cs4 the other day I noticed a big change, there is a thread here which may shed some light:

Dreamweaver 8 vs CS4 - Adobe Dreamweaver Forums

I think you'd benefit from the compatibility across the suite, for example the layout you've made in Illustrator, you could import into photoshop and save everything as smart objects and then import that one .psd file into dreamweaver, then if you need to change or update anything it will take you back to photoshop where u can re-save the smart object which will then update in dreamweaver and in your code automatically...

Also the split view of your page design and the code that's being built should help you learn what you need to know I guess, anyway as mentioned in that thread you could just download the free trial from adobe's website to try it out and see for yourself! My web design knowledge is fairly limited, so I'm in kinda the same boat, I've been meaning to get into it properly to create a non flash version of my portfolio site