aberdeen-music

Disgraceful

They should jail all those people that have run up huge personal debts on their credit cards, loans and 125% mortgages as well then. Because that's why these banks have needed the bail-out from the government.

As easy as it is to blame the banks and the fat cats, the reality is that everyone is to blame for this problem.

They should jail all those people that have run up huge personal debts on their credit cards, loans and 125% mortgages as well then. Because that's why these banks have needed the bail-out from the government.

As easy as it is to blame the banks and the fat cats, the reality is that everyone is to blame for this problem.

Banks still have the deciding factor on whether they say yes or no to lending though...

Doesn't matter. People shouldn't be taking on debts they can't afford in the first place.

Eh? Granted, but if people are happy to throw money at idiots it certainly facilitates it. Maybe if the banks said no a bit more then a lot of people would think twice about asking for money. The lure of s for profiteering banks is too big a draw though.

Although I think the banks weren't being responsible with loans... at the end of the day the problem is really the individuals responsibility. I wouldn't blunder into John Lewis and buy a 5k television because they allowed me to buy it. I know I can't afford it and if I take on the debt then it's my fault.

I have very little sympathy for someone who has taken on a loan that they can't afford, be it on a house or something more minor. We have brains, it just seems that some of us choose not to use them, and then point the finger when the shit goes down the pan.

I agree, but not everyone thinks like that and it's the responsibility of people in jobs within banking to advise people looking at loans responsibly. That very often doesn't happen. The banks don't have to lend people money if they don't want to.

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10406/558; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

They should jail all those people that have run up huge personal debts on their credit cards' date=' loans and 125% mortgages as well then. Because that's why these banks have needed the bail-out from the government.

As easy as it is to blame the banks and the fat cats, the reality is that everyone is to blame for this problem.[/quote']

Royal banks bailout had very little to do with personal debt though. It's problems stem from incredibly bad investment decisions and buying competitors at inflated prices.

my problem with all this stuff is that There's no distinction made between branch bank staff and corporate directors and investment bankers. Should hard working and profitable branch staff lose a tiny bonus due to the reckless behaviour of investment staff? They've been shafted as well and more often than not had to deal with the problems that come from the bad investments.

There is an element of individual personal responsibility, I agree. But at the end of the day the banks were dishing out credit so they could trade off the debts, it was that corrupt, murky system that did all the damage on the grander scale...

Mandy warns RBS bankers over 'exorbitant' bonuses after 20billion taxpayer bail-out | Mail Online

These bastards should be jailed, not getting bonuses. At least they'll be able to pay me back my share of the 20 billiob they're due us...

The city section in the latest issue of Private Eye has a big piece on it, they reckon that the eight biggest banks have dished out a total of 220 million in bonuses to main directors alone between 2000 and 2007. Read it, and start vomiting.

The latest figures I've seen on personal insolvency are downright frightening: the really annoying thing is that the banks are writing off their irrecoverable consumer debts with the government (ie. taxpayer) handout, which means that those of us who have been more careful with our cash are bailing out the fuckwits who took all the credit they could when it was being dished out like free handjobs.

(Sorry if that sounds a bit Daily M**l-esque, but that bit boils my blood.....)

Alkaline: The sods at the bottom end of the banking rung by and large didn't give two shits about 'responsible lending' because they were all under pressure from hierarchy to boost their numbers by any means necessary, and were given more elastic to play with in their products......

Alkaline: The sods at the bottom end of the banking rung by and large didn't give two shits about 'responsible lending' because they were all under pressure from hierarchy to boost their numbers by any means necessary, and were given more elastic to play with in their products......

So what? If there wasn't the carrot dangled in front of the donkey in the first place...