aberdeen-music

Steam

The Kernel Loaf

"doctorgonzo"

i'm only really ever on garrys mod or goldeneye source.

cant wait for black mesa source!

for those who dont know:

Black Mesa: A Half-Life 2 modification - Home

its a half life one remake using the source engine. completely fan made but looks amazing.

i spoke to some of the voice actors the other day in the chatroom, by all reports its going to be worth the wait.

• 2 months later...
I downloaded it only to realise that it is DirectX 10 only. Way to shut out the majority of Steam users.

Steam Hardware Survey

Well, apparently you need one hell of a DX10 card because it runs like crap on mine*. Although the scale of the arenas are pretty immense.

It's okay. Novel but really quite disorienting.

*Could also be due to it being an ATI. Not sure how well PhysX runs on these.

Well, apparently you need one hell of a DX10 card because it runs like crap on mine*. Although the scale of the arenas are pretty immense.

It's okay. Novel but really quite disorienting.

*Could also be due to it being an ATI. Not sure how well PhysX runs on these.

PhysX (when it was made by Aegia) used to be a seperate card instead of being integrated onto the graphics card, then Nvidia bought them out to capitalise.

Every Nvidia I have had has crapped out on me, and yet I have had no problems with ATI (using an HD4850 at the moment), so they can shove their physics hardware acceleration up their arse - it really doesn't make much of a difference to me, and I have seen the comparison videos.

PhysX (when it was made by Aegia) used to be a seperate card instead of being integrated onto the graphics card, then Nvidia bought them out to capitalise.

Every Nvidia I have had has crapped out on me, and yet I have had no problems with ATI (using an HD4850 at the moment), so they can shove their physics hardware acceleration up their arse - it really doesn't make much of a difference to me, and I have seen the comparison videos.

Yeah, the fact that they can disband the hardware and recode the library for CPU/GPU tells you it ain't no flux capacitor. HD4850 is the card I have too and I'm quite happy with it, 'cept for the incredible noise of its fan. I generally avoid the highend spec targetted games, like yer Crysis or whatever watercooling Crossfire fiends are fapping over these days.

• 9 months later...