aberdeen-music

I PLAY DRUMZ GD? -Ther' be a skin basher?

deadbirdsoup

Hows tricks?

I'm an 18 year old drummer with a lot of gigging and teaching experience, and Trinity Guildhall Grade 8 Drum Kit w/ Distinction. Basically looking for some extra work in a new project/band till Uni in September (Edinburgh). I have transport, own gear, etc. Play a wide variety of styles, mainly influenced by Metal/Progressive/Rock/Grunge but enjoy and have played in Funk/Ceilidh/Jazz bands.

I'm up for anything really, gigging/session work give me a shout back.

Cheers for now

In a kinda heavy rock/ metal band, influences are bands such as avenged sevenfold, metallica, all that remains, etc musically, but vocally... we're not sure yet... we don't do much of that screaming, cookie monster vocals like most "metal" bands, we just love fast paced rythms, guitar riffs and stuff.... we love experimenting and trying new stuff...

pm me if you're interested.

I'm looking to start a band. I play bass and my mate plays guitar. We both do vocals.

Are influences are: At the drive-in, Biffy Clyro, Beck, Cribs, Chemical Brothers, Errors, Foals, Faithless, Frank Zappa, Gang of four, Hawkwind, Jaco Pastorius, Kings of Leon, Mogwai, Nick Cave, Primus, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, RATM, RHCP, Sly and the Family Stone, Squarepusher, The Clash, The Mars Volta, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Yes.

We already have a few songs written. We often use odd time signatures and compound time.

If your up for a jam then PM me.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 months later...

Still kinda looking for something else to be a part of. Priority probably would be a function band, but any offers would be cool. I am currently rehearsing with a prog/metal band every week, hopefully get some gigs in the summer, but I still have a good bit of free time and would be willing to play and practice (a great excuse not to work!)