aberdeen-music

Slanted + Enchanted Club Night #2 Fri 20th March

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

After a decent launch night (although it was killed somewhat by the most horrendous weather ever), Slanted and Enchanted returns with another club night of ace live bands and DJs spinning ace alternative choons! And also ace playlists between bands.

The bands:

HOW TO SWIM

How to Swim on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

How to Swim are a ten-piece pop band from Glasgow. Sounds simple, huh? Ha. Think Talking Heads being covered by The Fall backed by a rock orchestra and you're on the money! Come and support them as they make an ultra-rare Aberdeen appearance.

LE RENO AMPS

Le Reno Amps on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Originating from Aberdeenshire, Glasgow's Le Reno Amps return to launch their new album! What a treat. This lot are one of the tightest and most entertaining bands I have ever witnessed and they usually have something for everyone in their set. Don't you love bands who play with a smile on their faces? I do.

For fans of Pixies, Violent Femmes and Ennio Morricone!

MY AMIGA

My Amiga on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Ace synthy indie-pop band from Merseyside. Although this makes you think of The Killers or somebody, these guys have a bit more depth and quirkiness about their music. Clearly influenced by most of the Kinsella-infested bands, these guys are also akin to Minus the Bear and even Postal Service. "Get ready to sing, dance and grin."

ENDOR

endor on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Boasting one of the coolest names in Glasgow, these kids are a key exponent in the guitar driven indie-pop scene down there. Definitely for fans of Frightened Rabbit, Death Cab for Cutie and The Shins. Yum!

The DJs:

Rob Kartta + Phillip Kartta

FRIDAY MARCH 20th 2009

THE TUNNELS

8PM - 3AM

5 / 3 AFTER MIDNIGHT

Poster to follow.

Facebook event: Login | Facebook

If you're on Facebook and you're coming, invite all your pals too! :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
Gees that My Amiga band sound brilliant. Excellent work.

Yeah, I fucking love them.

I put forward your myspace details to contact you about a Glasgow show around about the same time. Reckon you could sort that out for them?

Guest idol_wild
Way ahead of you. Already e-mailed them :p. Still trying to sort out the Wintermute show though.

Good man. If they get at least one more Scottish date then it'll make their trip a bit more worthwhile. Sadly, there's not a great deal of scope for this sort of stuff in Edinburgh just now. I gave them details for Manic Pop Thrills in Dundee though, so here's hoping.

this shall be wonderful, i am very excited to see how it turns out on the night. hopefully with the amount of promotional effort that phil and i put behind it, it'll work out very well indeed!

but yeah, my amiga are ace! although i think i'm most looking forward to how to swim out of all of the bands. yus.

Guest idol_wild
I'll see How To Swim supporting Wild Beasts in Glasgow at the end of this month, so I'll be coming down to this if they impress me.

Good man. Actually, keep me posted on how they are live too - I haven't actually seen them; I've just heard some good reports and like the myspace tunes.

I also like the idea of a 10-piece rock orchestra fitting on to The Tunnels stage.

Guest idol_wild
It works especially well when you have the quietest music ever vs screamo next door. Try it sometime.

I was told about that. I fully intended to come down last night, but something else sidetracked me.

I'd have just got angry though, had I attended.

You should have got your acts to partake in a "scream-off".

Guest idol_wild
I think I read something on How To Swim's myspace about how you'll never see the same line-up of them twice live...so maybe they'll be a one-piece for Tunnels!

I think the Tunnels engineer, Scott, would prefer that!

Guest idol_wild

Artwork soooooooooooooooooooon. As soon as I can find an excuse to visit my work's other office which has a colour scanner and printer!

Fuck paying over the odds for flyer and poster printing! :up: