aberdeen-music

Jade is dead...

Hog

Looks bad...

Thoughts...?

Jade Goody discovered yesterday that her cancer has spread.

The reality TV star said that doctors told her the cancer originally found in her cervix has now spread to her groin, liver and bowel.

Doctors have now scrapped their previous estimate of a 40 per cent chance of survival - and began treating Jade to prolong her life as long as possible.

The mum of two said yesterday: "I am devastated. I am frightened and I am angry. I don't want to die because I have so much to live for.

"The reality is I have gone from a 40 per cent chance of a cure to seeing how long I can stay alive."

According to The Sun, cancer doctors at London's Royal Marsden Hospital are now trying to shrink the aggressive tumours and minimise Jade's suffering.

Jade's publicist Max Clifford said: "It is absolutely heartbreaking. She is only a young woman and she is desperately trying to put on a brave face and be positive for her children."

The star has also hit back at sick claims that she is publicising her illness. She said: "People will say I'm doing this for money - and they're right, I am. But not to buy flash cars or big houses. It's for my sons' future if I'm not here."

Thoughts are that I wouldn't wish this on anybody but I don't particularly want to hear about it just because she is who she is. Its horrible to even think that this can be used as some crazy marketing opportunity and I am sure it isn't (shoudn't be) the case but deep down I bet we cant help thinking this...

'Big Brother contemplates Cancer sufferers house'. Last one living wins something to be used within a few months.

And no I am not making light of this. The world is indeed a sick place a great deal of the time!

Guest treader.

It really fucking angers me that because she was "the stupid one" in Big Brother...once, she's now really famous and fucking minted.

Like Teabags said, thousands of mothers/fathers/brothers/sisters/daughters/sons die from cancer.

The media needs to stop paying so much fucking attention to people who are famous for no fucking reason, and I use the term 'famous' VERY loosely here.

"Ooooh, Charlotte Church is pregnant again" Loads of people have kids...get over it.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

And not forgetting she'd be leaving two little kids mother-less.

But, there's no reason that her story should be all over the news either. It's no more newsworthy than another cancer sufferer.

I can't stand her either to be honest...

It is tragic, and very sad to hear, but its something I would have thought would be best kept as private as possible and not splashed all over the media!

She has family & friends to help her cope and care for the children.... it has happened to lots of people, (I lost my own mother to cancer when I was 6) you just have to get on and get through it, one way or another!

NOT make money out of your own personal heartache.......oh dear!

:rolleyes:

NOT make money out of your own personal heartache.......oh dear!

:rolleyes:

Think it's a bit off accusing her of publicising her illness for personal gain when it's almost certain that she isn't going to be around long enough to spend it. You can hardly blame her for wanting to set her kids up.

I don't think you'll find many folk who haven't found Jade's TV career very irritating (me included), but the wave of criticism being chucked at her now when she's unlikely to survive until the end of the year is pretty poor in my opinion.

For fuck's sake.....she's got cancer. Give her a break.

Guest treader.
Think it's a bit off accusing her of publicising her illness for personal gain when it's almost certain that she isn't going to be around long enough to spend it. You can hardly blame her for wanting to set her kids up.

I don't think you'll find many folk who haven't found Jade's TV career very irritating (me included), but the wave of criticism being chucked at her now when she's unlikely to survive until the end of the year is pretty poor in my opinion.

She is the one selling her "I've got cancer" stories to the press.

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS OF JADE AFTER LOSING HER HAIR.

Is it too cynical to have a niggling belief that it could all be an elaborate publicity stunt?

I would hope it's not, but I wouldn't put anything past Max Clifford to be honest. However I can't see Jade having the wit to keep up a lie that huge. The saddest thing is that her whole 'career' has been such a huge mass of substanceless PR pish that such a thought is even possible.

She is the one selling her "I've got cancer" stories to the press.

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS OF JADE AFTER LOSING HER HAIR.

And?

Sorry, I just don't get your point. She's dying and wants to make a few quid, possibly for private treatment, possibly for her kids....who knows. If people are sad enough to buy Heat, then why shouldn't she?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I doubt it was Jade's idea to go to the papers with her story.

If anyone's the sick fuck here it's probably Max Clifford, putting the idea in her head.

"You know Jade, you could get some good out of this. Just speak to these nice people at Heat, you know the ones that took photos of you when you were drunk and called you a racist bitch...... They want to make it all better by printing a story and a picture of you with no hair, and they'll give you a shit load of money. That money will look after your kids when you're gone. You might as well set them up for life.

(and it's only fair, that I get my 10%)."

Guest treader.
Think it's a bit off accusing her of publicising her illness for personal gain

That's my point. You said it was a "bit off accusing her" and yet, that's EXACTLY what she's done...no?