aberdeen-music

Musical aims for 2009?

black_matter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New band, get a setlist and have fun in Aberdeen playing gigs.

In summer, move to central belt, start an eagerly anticipated band with 3 friends, practice constantly, maybe have a show by the end of the year but concentrate on writing good songs.

Put on more shows with up here, when I get some tax stuff sorted out.

Write and perform another rock opera.

Keep progressing with Headlight. Last year we supported some really good touring bands, and I'd like to keep that up as well as playing with Aberdeen acts. We're also aiming to play bigger gigs less often.

We've come on loads in the past 6 months and II'd like that to keep going. Also I'd love to play more gigs in Glasgow, get a single out and seriously get cracking on recording an album over the summer.

New band, get a setlist and have fun in Aberdeen playing gigs.

In summer, move to central belt, start an eagerly anticipated band with 3 friends, practice constantly, maybe have a show by the end of the year but concentrate on writing good songs.

Put on more shows with up here, when I get some tax stuff sorted out.

Write and perform another rock opera.

... is that a City Seemed Eager reunion?

...please?

lots of things.

got an interesting side-project thing away to get going soon which is a complete departure from anything in aberdeen atm.

the slanted and enchanted clubnight: getting that going properly after meeting phil kartta, many plans are in the pipeline from us, watch this space!

tour!

put out a 7"/12" in summer hopefully with wifebeater

get a few more decent gigs going, hopefully a couple of all-dayers as well

... is that a City Seemed Eager reunion?

...please?

Not really, though essentially I was City Seemed Eager so I as a person never split.

Same drummer hopefully, bassist, me on guitars and vocalist and another singer/keyboardist/guitarist/trumpeteer. You'll see man. The songs I have been storing up are so much better than any song that was on our old setlist. (that was never much good in the first place)

Not really, though essentially I was City Seemed Eager so I as a person never split.

Same drummer hopefully, bassist, me on guitars and vocalist and another singer/keyboardist/guitarist/trumpeteer. You'll see man. The songs I have been storing up are so much better than any song that was on our old setlist. (that was never much good in the first place)

Nice one, I look forward to it. Where is this going to be based? Incidentally, I've started putting on shows here and there in Glasgow, if you ever fancy playing one just give me a shout.

i'd be happy if Deadloss managed to play more than a handful of gigs this year, and made it back over to stockholm for some shows. i'll consider that a small victory.

i will mainly also be improving my harmonica playing this year, getting a long-standing "hey! we should totally..." project band up and running, and possibly doing some singing with another band mentioned elsewhere in this thread...

2009 has already been pretty good for my band, we've released our first single, been on radio a couple of times and booked our first tour!

As far as the rest of the year goes, another single is possible as well as playing a couple of slots in England. We'll also attempt to get as much airplay as possible outside Aberdeen...........good times

That's the spirit! What sort of band are you looking to start?

I don't mind, so long as it has heart.

I'm prone to massive musical mood-swings though, one minute I'll want to play something NOISY and then something more verse-chorus-verse and so on. I don't think anyone wants to deal with that.

Craig: yes. One day when we both have more time.

Continue to Jam/maybe one day play a gig with CTS

Get my amp fixed.Use said amp.Make noise along to a drum machine.Maybe gain ther balls to play said noise live

Indie/emo/screamo band up and going

Record some up-satelite.Play with up-satelite

Continue to meet solid people at gigs

Unsure how many gigs Iam going to put on, would rather help other folk

loads more,cant be fucked.