aberdeen-music

Why does snow close the London UNDERGROUND?!

Afro Droid

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

The amount of pathetic cunts who can't drive in an inch of snow is unbelievable. It's just a case of being careful and not accelerating/braking ridiculously hard. I've been out on the country roads today (between New Deer and Strichen) and last night when it was snowing hard, and I got there no problem at all. In a normal run of the mill Ford Mondeo...

I live near the centre of town, and I can barely walk out of my street the snow is so deep.

Not an exaggeration.

It must for once be worse in Aberdeen than it is out beside New Deer. You reckon my work will believe me (Aberdeen city centre) if I say I'm snowed in ;)

We got stuck in the snow on the way to Exile and had to get a tractor to pull us out. It was waist deep on Saturday out there, no joke.

Man up...

Neil and I also had fun on Saturday night getting home from a work do at Norwood Hall. Apparently by 11pm there were only 4 drivers left from the company we phoned.

I didn't know we shared an employer... You were sat across the aisle from me on the bus this morning.

In weather-related shenanigans, I kung-fu kicked my way off said bus, as I slipped just as I was stepping off. Landed on my feet though :up:

Stuff about Stagecoach

You know, in light of not knowing whether my feet were still there this morning after sitting on two Stagecoach buses, neither of which had heating, with an unneccessary 15 minutes gap standing in frozen snow in between, I'm actually tempted to complain about my good friends at Stagecoach.

I'm like a tube of Pringles though - Once I pop, I just won't stop...

LB, I'll nip over to say hello this afternoon if I get the chance :up:

You know, in light of not knowing whether my feet were still there this morning after sitting on two Stagecoach buses, neither of which had heating, with an unneccessary 15 minutes gap standing in frozen snow in between, I'm actually tempted to complain about my good friends at Stagecoach.

Do it. It's a shit company.

Will try and get some photos up of the back of Fettercairn from Sunday past, the Cairn O Mount road has been shut for the last two weeks, and you'll see why.....

i've always wondered that. never been along that road but as soon as there's any hint of snow that road gets shut. looking forward to seeing photos :)

i've always wondered that. never been along that road but as soon as there's any hint of snow that road gets shut. looking forward to seeing photos :)

You've never been up Cairn O Mount!? (I'm fairly sure you have btw but it was many years ago so you probably don't remember)

Get Heather to drive you over it some afternoon and take your cameras. You'll love it.

I'm guessing it closes at the first sign of snow for the same reason that the Cockbridge to Tomintoul road closes as soon as the flakes fall.

You've never been up Cairn O Mount!? (I'm fairly sure you have btw but it was many years ago so you probably don't remember)

Get Heather to drive you over it some afternoon and take your cameras. You'll love it.

I'm guessing it closes at the first sign of snow for the same reason that the Cockbridge to Tomintoul road closes as soon as the flakes fall.

aye, i'm sure i probably have but can't think of a time. should certainly remedy it.