aberdeen-music

Why does snow close the London UNDERGROUND?!

Afro Droid

If you think about it, neither does Dave.

What exactly is your problem with daveofficer? I can't recall ever having read a post by his and thought it utterly pointless. He's usually relatively positive also.

I can perfectly understand his grief with tubthumper also. The chap seems to use this website soley to post painfully obvious little paragraphs of wise ass quips in situations where most people might think twice, and decide not be so utterly boring.

If you think about it, neither does Dave.

And if you REALLY think about it, the futility of human endeavour assures that none of us really contribute anything in the long run, in the spectrum of existence.

I really hate the snow.

What exactly is your problem with daveofficer? I can't recall ever having read a post by his and thought it utterly pointless. He's usually relatively positive also.

I can perfectly understand his grief with tubthumper also. The chap seems to use this website soley to post painfully obvious little paragraphs of wise ass quips in situations where most people might think twice, and decide not be so utterly boring.

240 rep points suggests otherwise m'fucka!

:up:

fucked if i know what red necks problem is. meh.

anyhoo, i was in a pretty bad mood on friday. damn buses. let's just move on now before it gets really out of hand.

the bus stops and i ask the driver why he's gone out of service and he tells me it's taken him two hours to get to banchory from aberdeen and now his shift has finished. he's going back to fucking aberdeen why can't he just finish then? i know it's crap for them to work past their finish time but what are we meant to do when we need to get home?

To be fair to the driver, if he runs over his hours by a certain amount of time then he's told by the controller to whap up a "not in service" sign and keep rolling on. It's at someone else's discretion but it's still a bloody stupid policy anyway. I believe there is also some kind of legal requirement regarding the amount of time that drivers can consequetively carry passengers, so if the driver's gone over that time already then he could be on the recieving end of a Stagecoach smackdown. Maybe someone with a better grasp of the law could clear that up though.

As a part-time office lackey for the company I agree with your grievances. Some of the ins and outs of Stagecoach are completely baffling and bewildering and when it comes to customer service the company is pretty shocking at times and some of the complaints I've taken about drivers are absolutely horrible, let me tell you.

The three days I worked last week were insane though. The phone was going literally as soon as we'd put it down (and this is with 4 telephone operators) and the only thing we've been able to tell them is "the buses are delayed like WHOA so don't travel if you don't have to". We've had buses breaking down, buses getting dug out of ditches, 3 hour delays, cancellations, al kinds of fun stuff.

Must be a really shitty time to be a commuter but most people are pretty understanding. I had old wifie who just wasn't having it, though, and wanted to complain to a manager because the buses to Inverness weren't running even though the POLICE had closed the road. Fucking nutjob.

Anyway, snow. It took my Mum three hours to get from work (Woodhill House) to Westhill the other night. Three blinking hours! She set off at 4:15 and arrived home at about 7:15... whereas my Dad left town at 6:45 and arrived home only five minutes after my Mum. Makes me glad that I only have a 15 minute walk up King Street to contend with.

Me and my flatmate were out in the snow arsing about 'til like 1am last night. It was fucking dynamite :up:.

The road out of Aberdeen ain't to bad I was going south of Aberdeen on the A90 which wasn't to bad at all , although the A92 was a complete nightmare for ice which for someone with only a years driving experience is quite scary and the fact i'm a wimp when it comes to driving in ice didn't help.

oh and I have found myself quite addicted to looking at this site

Traffic Scotland > Live-Eye-Views List View