aberdeen-music

Why does snow close the London UNDERGROUND?!

Afro Droid

I think the trains from Glasgow should be fine, the worst of the stuff is in the city itself and to the north. South of Stonehaven looks fine on the traffic cameras.

Stonehaven has been a bit frisky the last couple of days, but it's really just passing showers between there and down as far as Laurencekirk.

No danger of the trains being off, seen them going past my window as per norm.

:up:

Stonehaven has been a bit frisky the last couple of days, but it's really just passing showers between there and down as far as Laurencekirk.

No danger of the trains being off, seen them going past my window as per norm.

:up:

Good show. Thanks chaps.

Stuck at work (Science & Tech park BoD), told to go home, queues to get out the car park, parkway is a mare guessing Anderson Drive will be bad as well.

Ditching the car and hitting the pub :up:

I left the Science Park around 13:45, and got home half an hour ago. Parkhill road was gridlock, but by the time we got onto the Parkway at Tesco (fuel stop), traffic started flowing freely along Mugiemoss road. Got through Dyce no probs (pickup at Wellheads), and the A96 was no probs back to Kemnay. Anyone who says different is a poof :up:

i fucking hate stagecoach.

2 hours waiting for a stupid bus back from banchory. got out of work just after 5.15 when the 201 is normally there and as there was no one at the bus stop i naturally assumed the bus had come and went to the pub for a pint before the next one was due at 5.45. cue 5.40 and the 201 flys past the window of the stag and i get annoyed. now fair enough i probably should've just stayed out and waited just in case but it was cold and i wanted a pint, anyway the 202 will be here soon.

5.50 and the 202 goes past coming from aberdeen but it's sign says banchory which is good for me as it means it's only going to be a few minutes late. it turns at the police station and just sits there. for ten minutes. oh well. a work colleague comes out of the pub and says he's just heading home, i consider asking for a lift but figure i can see the bus so i'm sure it'll be here soon. sure enough, it starts moving. hooray!

why does it say 'out of service'?

the bus stops and i ask the driver why he's gone out of service and he tells me it's taken him two hours to get to banchory from aberdeen and now his shift has finished. he's going back to fucking aberdeen why can't he just finish then? i know it's crap for them to work past their finish time but what are we meant to do when we need to get home?

eventually at about 10 to 7 someone else at the bus stop gets fed up and offers me a lift which i gratefully accept. bah.

Well why were they waiting for the bus when they could have just drove? I mean, fuck public transport in dry conditions, let alone these.

Don't try and be a wise guy.

why on earth do you care why the guy was getting the bus rather than driving? he said he was meeting his wife who already had her car so it was to save driving two cars back. happy now smart arse?

you really are winning the award for most annoying poster these days. do you ever have anything that isn't just incredibly fucking irritating to contribute to this site or is your entire life just that much of a meaningless vacuum of interestingness that you can only derive pleasure from posting little smart arse comments on threads and giggling away behind your keyboard?

"don't try to be a wise guy" jeez-o. aren't you just the king of aberdeen-music? :rolleyes:

why on earth do you care why the guy was getting the bus rather than driving? he said he was meeting his wife who already had her car so it was to save driving two cars back. happy now smart arse?

you really are winning the award for most annoying poster these days. do you ever have anything that isn't just incredibly fucking irritating to contribute to this site or is your entire life just that much of a meaningless vacuum of interestingness that you can only derive pleasure from posting little smart arse comments on threads and giggling away behind your keyboard?

"don't try to be a wise guy" jeez-o. aren't you just the king of aberdeen-music? :rolleyes:

Christ, I was only asking.

Get your panties out of the twist they seem to have found themselves in.

o_O

Dave, this is what the "ignore user" function is for. ;)

My only major irritation with the snow today was walking home and crossing slushy roads, meaning my feet were soaking once I got home.

I would type out a huge rant on buses, but I won't because three things have happened over the course of the past three days. My bus home tonight was on time as there was very little snow on the main roads. I'm looking outside now and am glad I'm getting a lift in tomorrow.

I hope this sticks til Monday as I really want to build a snowman/throw a snowball at my supervisors window/go sledding.

Also, was going to put this in Pets Corner, but since it's snow related...

Dogs chasing snow = funnest thing ever.

Yup. Any decent travel insurance policy would cover such things including paying for hotel accommodation, a new ticket home etc. should you need it in such circumstances. I pay 30 a year for multi-trip travel insurance that covers travel to most of the world, even exotic and exciting countries like Poland.

Grr, the problems I'm having is finding someone willing to insure you if you're a resident of a non-UK country. I went round the travel agents here and none of them had even heard of such a policy - though they were quick to offer insurance to cover cancellation on your part. But the sticking point is the residency clause - and as I've been here for more than 185 days, they now consider me to be resident here rather than the UK.

I know I could lie and say that I'm UK resident, but I'd rather not.

Don't expect the airlines to help you out though. Unless it's their fault (and the weather isn't) then usually youre entitled to nothing if your flight gets cancelled. With Ryanair it wouldn't surprise me if they charge you extra for the inconvenience of them having to cancel your flight. :laughing:

:laughing: Oh I know, this is why I wanted the policy in the first place.

Incidentally, I just had my 9th/10th flight with Ryanair without a problem. They're strictly enforcing the 1 bag limit however - and both Poznan and Edinburgh were checking bags to see if they could fit into the...whatever it's called, the frame?

Aberdeen on Thursday was no fun :down: