aberdeen-music

Why does snow close the London UNDERGROUND?!

Afro Droid

I've still never had a 'Snow Day', where work has been closed as a result of poor weather :(

Same here - Even when working in schools. :(

Must say I was having a good laugh at the "blizzard" conditions on the news.

200902_8807.jpg

200902_8804.jpg

I think I would be labeled a complete & utter skiver if I failed to turn-up for work cos of that.

I've ridden the bike through worse, often!

As for the buses, have they noticed that we have a few ex-TFL vehicles running here that seem to cope fine & one of my colleagues commented that old Routemasters were snapped-up by alpine resorts as cheap & reliable transport to the slopes. We were assured that the replacements were more capable in every way.

Anyway. Someone has been having fun in Nottingham:

002tap1q

• Upvote 1

Whoops didn't notice this thread when I started the other one. Anyway, as I said in the other thread....

Jesus, has London never had snow before or something? The way they're acting it's like the apocalypse is coming. I was watching BBC News 24 in the gym last night and they were reporting on the snow for an hour straight!

And look at this:

Snow storms besiege Britain - MSN News UK

Artcic snow storms? Behave....

My favourite part:

Quote:

Watch: how to walk in snow

Walk in the snow without breaking your neck. Nick Westwood finds out how Londoners are getting around safely in the snow.

They'll be fucking panic buying tinned goods next.

Jesus, has London never had snow before or something? The way they're acting it's like the apocalypse is coming. I was watching BBC News 24 in the gym last night and they were reporting on the snow for an hour straight!

And they are getting all pissy & defensive about it in other places. :D

However, what makes it even more incredible is that it now appears Westminster Council alone gets considerably more money to spend on snow clearing than North Yorkshire. A place hardly unused to snow.

:swearing:

This is all pretty pathetic.

There were no sandwiches in Boots today due to 'severe weather conditions'.

What. the fuck.

Also: When I was at Grammar we only ever had one snow day, once, and it was even after the 'worst' of the snow, and only then was it because the day before, literally EVERY other school in the whole of Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire was off and we all complained like hell. (That's why I'm assuming it was closed anyway.)

There were no sandwiches in Boots today due to 'severe weather conditions'.

The sandwiches come from far away... e.g the delivery comes via Glasgow. So if the weather was poor south of Glasgow that would be why. Happened before when I worked in Boots.

I can only ever remember one 'snow day'. Got on the bus to school... got to the otherside of the village and we all had to get off the bus. The driver didn't even turn round and take us back to where he got us!!

I'm glad it's all gone now though. Wasn't looking forward to travelling to work tomorrow, I picked my holidays carefully.

The only snow days i've ever had was around 1995/96ish when the village i lived in was snowed in for about 5 days. The army had to bring us in bread and milk. My dad and i walked in to Dumfries (about 5 miles) and got some supplies from the supermarket. Luckily we managed to hitch a ride back with the army because the only walkable parts were the furrows left by the Army trucks which were about 4 feet deep. It was mental.

Fucking snow.

I have a flight from Poznan at 2pm to Edinburgh, and seeing as it's with Ryanair, I'm finding myself desperately hoping that the flight gets out of Edinburgh allright. Ryanair tend to be quite good about getting the plane back to base - so I'm not too bothered about delays, but I'm absolutely worried sick that the Edinburgh-Poznan flight will get cancelled.

The outwards flight is at 10:20, so I'm hoping that the snow won't fall in Edinburgh until later in the day - a delayed flight is no issue, but we need a plane to take us there.

I've spent most of today checking the weather forecast and the flight schedules, hoping desperately that Ryanair don't get too messed up today. It seems fine...touch wood.

Incidentally, does anyone know if it's possible to get travel insurance that covers you in the event of the airline cancelling the flight? Poland appears not to have heard of such a thing.

Fucking snow.

I have a flight from Poznan at 2pm to Edinburgh, and seeing as it's with Ryanair, I'm finding myself desperately hoping that the flight gets out of Edinburgh allright. Ryanair tend to be quite good about getting the plane back to base - so I'm not too bothered about delays, but I'm absolutely worried sick that the Edinburgh-Poznan flight will get cancelled.

The outwards flight is at 10:20, so I'm hoping that the snow won't fall in Edinburgh until later in the day - a delayed flight is no issue, but we need a plane to take us there.

I've spent most of today checking the weather forecast and the flight schedules, hoping desperately that Ryanair don't get too messed up today. It seems fine...touch wood.

Incidentally, does anyone know if it's possible to get travel insurance that covers you in the event of the airline cancelling the flight? Poland appears not to have heard of such a thing.

Wait a minute - Cloud are you in Poland? :laughing: