aberdeen-music

Connect Cancelled

Jeanette

I went in 2007 and absolutely loved it - then last year's bill was largely a shocker so I didn't go. Not sure if the ticket sales last year were poor or not but I think that may be equally a factor rather than 'the credit crunch'.

I mean, how can you bring the likes of Big Star, The Only Ones, The Fire Engines, Echo and the Bunnymen in a decent fucking slot for a change etc and replace them with The Levellers the following year?

A real shame as it was a great festival. I can see a lot of the satellite fests shutting this year though - as much a reflection on the demise of 'indie' in the popular consciousness as anything.

I went in 2008 and absolutely loved it despite the pissing rain on the Sunday. Was intending to go this year so a bit gutted now but like folk have said already it is perhaps a good idea. Seems like it will go ahead next year so a sensible move to safeguard any future.

And the campsite last year was indeed a shambles. Driving tractors through the campsite after a week of rain and when the festival was in full swing maybe wasn't the best idea!

There are too many festivals vying for attention, ergo stuff like this was bound to happen as soon as the financial ride aboard the good ship UK got a bit choppy. Multiple festival goers cut back the number they go to - less frequent flyers don't bother going at all.

More or less this - Some festivals will still do well, particularly for families because they offer good value & a range of stuff that makes the ticket price worthwile, whilst others with a less attractive line-up/ethos will undoubtedly be struggling.

Which may be a good thing in the long run?

Don't know where I'd place Connect in the scheme of things though but it has never appealed to me.