aberdeen-music

decent hair dressers?

Panda Strong

Purdey on the green is a tad on the expensive side. I can't remember how much a cut was as it was usually combined with colour for me. They also do student discount and play cool music. I much preferred it to Dare.

The only other one I've heard good things about is Biyoni. Again probably on the expensive side, but they might have just stylists who are cheaper. And they most probably do student discount too.

Purdey on the green is a tad on the expensive side. I can't remember how much a cut was as it was usually combined with colour for me. They also do student discount and play cool music. I much preferred it to Dare.

The only other one I've heard good things about is Biyoni. Again probably on the expensive side, but they might have just stylists who are cheaper. And they most probably do student discount too.

I don't think Biyoni is that expensive actually. I'm sure it's there that my mum and sister go. I'll have to find out.

Here you go:

andis-trend-setter-pivot-motor-clipper-close-up-1413.jpg

:)

I've gone into hairdressers here, looked at the prices & thought "I just don't have enough hair to justify this"

Final straw was when the one I was using started giving me half price automatically. :D

Haha, that's what i do these days though thankfully any balding genes have skipped me so far and belted my little brother instead :) The poor lad is 26 and losing his hair and i'm barely receding :D

It's so much cheaper to learn to give yourself a skinhead :)

After murdering my hair for years with bleach and purple hair dye, I went to Fifi's Hairrazor on Union Terrace and she's lovely, doesn't give you any shit about the state of your hair or anything. About 25 for a restyle so for a bloke I reckon she'd be cheaper. The boyfriend goes to Purdey's on The Green occasionally but he knows the staff so gets it for cheaps.

If you're really broke you could try phoning the college. They have a salon run by students in the health and beauty courses and they're all supervised by qualified staff. It's dirt cheap.

I go to FiFis Hairrazor as well but I am always 30 for a cut and blow dry with student discount I think! There is no mucking about with her, no offer of a drink and a biscuit though. Last time I went in the morning after a night out and was quite conscious that I might have been reeking of booze, but instead she told me quite matter-of-factly that I'd obviously had garlic for my tea last night. Quite embarrassing but shows that there's none of the usual hairdresser chat.

Hm, yeah the Little Belmont Street one hasn't done that to me yet...

I can see why you don't want to go back to there!

Haha. The first few times I went to Dare they were good. But the first hairdresser I got left and after that it was a bit of a disappointment, so then I went to Purdey and got Kerry. She did a fantastic job... but was a bit slow perhaps particular is a better word. I had to make sure I had a free afternoon. Lol.

I'd have to say Dare on Little Belmont Street aswell.

It's cheap, you get tea/coffee etc, a head massage and the chair you lie in when they wash your hair massages you also, only if you want that. It's very relaxing.

I always try and keep my eyes open if it's a boy that's massaging my head. It feels gay enough as it is without looking like I'm so relaxed I need to close my eyes.