aberdeen-music

best chinese takeaway?

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

I got a menu though from Heavanly Pizzas yesterday which is promoting their new "Healthy Pizzas". It says an ultra thin base and Feta cheese instead of mozzarella. And presumably all fresh toppings. It's still not "healthy" per-se, but presumably lower in calories that a regular pizza, which has more calories than a fish supper. There's no nutritional information on the menu so it doesn't actually say what's in it. I'll maybe give one a go sometime and see how it is. It's basically pizza for fat people to not feel guilty about eating.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a menu though from Heavanly Pizzas yesterday which is promoting their new "Healthy Pizzas". It says an ultra thin base and Feta cheese instead of mozzarella. And presumably all fresh toppings. It's still not "healthy" per-se, but presumably lower in calories that a regular pizza, which has more calories than a fish supper. There's no nutritional information on the menu so it doesn't actually say what's in it. I'll maybe give one a go sometime and see how it is. It's basically pizza for fat people to not feel guilty about eating.

Piss off to the "Best Pizza Takeaway" thread, pronto.

i think wok wok brand themselves as an MSG free takeaway? maybe i'm wrong. but anyone, that's probably why their food is rather bland.

if that was the reason then that s quite bad. You don't need MSG to have taste, I've made wads of chinese without adding msg (all fresh produce) and it's still well tastey :)

The Special Fried Rice has no sauce either - Canton House used to have well fine SFR but think it's gone downhill now.

I've recently ditched the Eagle May for the other Chinese round the corner (on Holburn Street, near the roundabout) with pleasing results.

I'm surprised at that...it used to be very naff, but it closed for a while, so maybe it's new folks running it. The Eagle May (I think) had a connection to Yu, and seemed well thought of within the Chinese community......and they should know.

I tried the Eagle May at the top of the Beach Boulevard for the first time at the weekend, and was not impressed one little bit. I was 2 more expensive then anywhere else I've been for the same meal and whereas usually I get 2 full sized meals out of a takeaway, I ate it all (and I ate about the same amount as usual.)

I do like Wok Wok and Big Wok. My rule is that the more skanky they look though, the nicer the food tends to be.

I'm surprised at that...it used to be very naff, but it closed for a while, so maybe it's new folks running it. The Eagle May (I think) had a connection to Yu, and seemed well thought of within the Chinese community......and they should know.

Been there a couple of times now and it's been good. Price was right too. :up:

I tried the Eagle May at the top of the Beach Boulevard for the first time at the weekend, and was not impressed one little bit. I was 2 more expensive then anywhere else I've been for the same meal and whereas usually I get 2 full sized meals out of a takeaway, I ate it all (and I ate about the same amount as usual.)

2 full meals?????????????

Are you serious????????

The Eagle May is quite nice I find, and i'm normally stuffed after 1 meal from there.

New Way on King Street is quite nice too.

That is indeed a fine establishment. I'll also add the Bankhead Chinese takeway, which is my one of choice.

It's gone downhill a bit tho last time I tried it, used to go about 10+ years ago was definitley at it's finest then! worth the trip across town - might have to try again sometime

I can never remember the names of all the oriental restaurants i've eaten in but i think the main one that stands out is Yu.

We went to there for works girlie Xmas meal and it was rather average - not only was the 2 courses for 9.99 as advertised not on, but the food was quite...average....not nearly as good as Saigon (not tried the take away yet)

It never tastes the same when I reheat it.

Especially if it's battered chicken or something.....

:down:

reheated leftovers?!?!

sacrilege!

anyways, some of the best eat-in chinese restaurants that i've experience are chinatown [the dim sum menu is taaaaasty!] on dee street and the one that has the massive menu outside on bridge street. i forget the name, but it's massive inside and so are the portions. i recommend the squid at both.