aberdeen-music

T in the Park 2009

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Bit more exciting than last week's announcement - Blur's just been announced as headliner for Saturday.

Dirty bastard.

I was delighted the line up wasn't that exciting because I get married on 11th July.

I've always wanted to see Blur.

:down:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard luck. Here's a thought - why not get married at T?

How many times do you think I've heard that in the last year...?

Why the fuck would I want thousands of neds at my wedding?

Authenticity.

I just can't imagine saying my vows and looking over my future wife's shoulder to see a girl taking a dump beside the fence 10 feet away.

I just can't imagine saying my vows and looking over my future wife's shoulder to see a girl taking a dump beside the fence 10 feet away.

eeeeuwwwww !!! ha ha I've never seen someone taking a dump luckily in TITP outdoors!! haha as long as your fiances dress doesn't trail she'll be fine

Seen so many brides at titp tho !!

think i might end up selling my tickets unless they start announcing bands i want to see rather than ones i've seen before at T/elsewhere and not been overly impressed.

hope this isn't what it's gonna be like from now on - used to be value for money in the good old days when you could organise a big group of folk rather than a mad scramble for tickets & only 2 folk end up getting -

T in the Park is like a band that got too successful for their own good - repeating formulas, offering very little new/exciting bands that you'd pay anything to see at T.

kings of leon - again? i was so bored last time round, waiting for pixies i think. fair enough they are more popular now & gigs sell out quick but it's no excuse.

katy perry - wouldn't pay to see/hear

snow patrol - seen them at T years ago, at their own concerts, could see them in aberdeen on the 26th if i wanted to (okay if i wasn't playing with New Rhodes at the Tunnel...)

blur - seen at T and Leeds. like some of their tunes but just didn't enjoy the main stage experience of them.

anyway i know i should hold my breath until the spring launch dazzles me into going... they gotta pull the cat outta the bag...restore my faith...please...or ebay will profit from my first ever sale unless i find a worthy cause.

sorry - rant over.

think i might end up selling my tickets unless they start announcing bands i want to see rather than ones i've seen before at T/elsewhere and not been overly impressed.

I'd easy buy your ticket off you. It's pretty much the same scenario as last year for me, I couldn't care much less for the main headliners, except the saturday night main stage ones. And I really enjoyed last years. Hopefully the Slam tent line up will be as good as last years.

also when do tickets go on sale if they haven't already?

See the official website is down this PM getting ready for the lineup announcement tomorrow lunchtime (Tue 24th Feb).

Ticketmaster site is stating that the last batch of tickets go on sale Friday morning at 9AM.

Anyone going?

I will be attempting to get a weekend camping ticket for my nephew (if anyone has doublebooked themselves and has a "spare" to sell at cost+service then please PM me and save me the grief of the dreaded timeout screen on the ticketmaster website on Friday morning)

Cheers

Les

Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, and Keane, lead the ream of latest additions to the line-up for this year's T in the Park.

The list of acts confirmed today also includes Lily Allen, James Morrison, Paolo Nutini, and The Specials, who are reuniting for a 2009 tour to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

The ream of new confirmations also includes James, The Script, Seasick Steve, Manic Street Preachers, The Ting Tings, Maximo Park, Jason Mraz, Squeeze, Mogwai, The Mars Volta, Bjorn Again, Felix Da Housecat, Dave Clarke, The Airborne Toxic Event, Slam, The Gaslight Anthem, Beardyman, Simian Mobile Disco, Claude Von Stroke, Silicone Soul, and Hockey.