aberdeen-music

T in the Park 2009

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A load more bands added to the T Break stage, I thought it was only unsigned bands that played it ?(. Out of those I wouldn't mind seeing Pulled Apart By Horses, The Phantom Band, Bronto Skylift and We Were Promised Jetpacks, so it could be pretty good.

And some of the DJs announced at the Bacardi tent are quite tempting too, especially since the Slam tent line-up is a bit poor.

I have high hopes for the BBC Introducing stage. Their past line-ups at other festivals seem quite promising (Vessels, Jonquil, Sky Larkin), and apparently Dananananaykroyd are playing it this year.

Really? That sort of defeats the whole purpose of it's existence, especially seeing as they played pet sounds last year

As far as I know they are technically unsigned so guess that qualifies them although it should really be those that are actually breaking through for the 1st time, not those that failed and need to breakthrough again.

got my tickets today, quite a few bands a wouldn't mind seeing, quite a lot seen before at T, still pondering whether to go really...

didn't look over details too much but i think they've really missed the point of camping, they basically want you to bring a tent & spend all your money buying your food/drink when you're there. no camping stoves, FFS, it's the only time i ever eat a Bombay Badboy! Rockness with it's beer amnesty, BBQ areas, actually encouraged you to camp & be self sufficient. i guess with too many neds they are really restricting anything into the campsite that can be used as a weapon! i wonder if i'd get a banana taken off me going into the arena as "no food allowed to be brought in, but don't worry we cater for even the most fussy eaters" yeah well i'm so fussy i can't eat anything that's grossly overpriced! obviously a lot less people at rockness but i preferred being able to walk around from stage to stage, tent to tent, choose where to stand/sit without a million people in the way. if i go to T, it could very well be my last, after starting going since it was held at strathclyde country park, it would be a shame, ever increasing ticket price, same headliners year after year & less likelihood of all your mates getting tickets really gets my goat(?)

Got a sneaky feeling that this will be my last een too! (at least until im in my 60s, grown my hair long (again), on acid, and someone like Shed Seven are on there 30th comeback tour). And my tent will just be a couple of sticks and a bin liner, with a peace flag outside.

Mon Bri, you know you want too!

Is big D still going? happy with the dance tent line-up?

noticed the stay hip guys are playing too, gonna be full of illegal chicks!!! do anything for a sip of your pint! oooghhhh

really want to try and get to a festival or two abroad next year - could use it as an excuse for tax purposes.

As far as I know they are technically unsigned so guess that qualifies them although it should really be those that are actually breaking through for the 1st time, not those that failed and need to breakthrough again.

I always presumed they were signed to rough trade, given the two albums which they have now released on that label

• 2 weeks later...