aberdeen-music

The Joy Formidable @ Cafe Drummonds

I notice from their myspace that the Joy Formidable are playing at Drummonds on Monday, but I'm struggling a bit to find any further info. Ticket websites suggest it'll be 5 and doors open at 8. Anyone know anything about supports, set times etc?

They seem like rather a good band, possibly doing this sort of thing except without Frank Sidebottom dancing:

YouTube - The Joy Formidable - Whirring (Live on Channel M Dec '08)

Shit, I remember seeing the listing for this on their myspace and completely forgetting about it until last night at about 2am and then went to check when it was happening only to discover it was earlier that night. Gutting.

While we're on the topic, am I alone in thinking The Joy Formidable is one of the most amazing band names for ages?

Shit, I remember seeing the listing for this on their myspace and completely forgetting about it until last night at about 2am and then went to check when it was happening only to discover it was earlier that night. Gutting.

While we're on the topic, am I alone in thinking The Joy Formidable is one of the most amazing band names for ages?

The good news is that I think they'll be back next month, supporting Howling Bells at Moshulu. I kind of think that should be the other way around, but there you go.

It's a very good name, although maybe a bit hard to remember.

Yeah a brilliant show - made being at work a hell of a lot more pleasant!

Lovely band to speak to as well.

They are def supporting Howling Bells at Moshulu which is a double whammy of goodness. The single "cradle" is superb and will def be getting a proper blast in exo when djing on Friday now that I have a proper and legal copy of it!

• 2 weeks later...