aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
pogofish

John Martyn dead?

Holy shit, RIP.

He wasn't that old but I know he'd had problems with (gulp) diabetes.

Saw him at The Lemon Tree, it was Valentines day, must have been 93 or 94. My mate and went after his mum gave us tickets she couldn't use. I was too young to appreciate it really, but even then I remember his onstage banter being pretty funny, especially his drummer jokes.

Guest davetherave

The man was an incredible guitar player and songwriter, One World is often in my CD player. Sad news. RIP

I only really knew "Solid Air" but that is a fantastic album. A unique individual in every aspect of his music. RIP indeed.

I'm not surprised, given his lifestyle and poor health - but genuinely gutted all the same.

RIP John

He always said he had no regrets about his lifestyle, as he would have never made the music he did if he had lived more on the straight and narrow.

He always said he had no regrets about his lifestyle, as he would have never made the music he did if he had lived more on the straight and narrow.

Very true - but he's fucking deid now!

A true genius though, in an age where mediocrity is rewarded.

I would recommend those only familiar with Solid Air get a copy of London Conversation. Lovely record.

He predicted that he would become more prolific once he died. I hope that's true.