aberdeen-music

First Ever Gig?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

First festival was T in the Park in 1996, which I think this was the last year it was at Strathclyde. Was only there for the day and Radiohead headlined but had to endure some ropeyness such as Space and Honeycrack (who if memory serves me right had four guitarists). Still, introduced me to a world of warm pints and noodles.

Ooooh, Honeycrack, now there's a blast from the past! I think it was just 3 guitars as well and Willie didn't always play guitar.

actually, the radiohead set that night was brilliant. i think that's the one he ended up doing the last encore by himself with just his acoustic: "thinking about you" off Pablo Honey i seem to remember?

Radiohead were superb that night, easily the highlight of the day. I remember they were trying out new songs that were to appear on OK Computer and played a rock version of No Surprises with Thom and Jonny on electric guitars. Think Electioneering and Lucky got a run out as well.

A bootleg of that gig is available as well...which is nice.

• 2 weeks later...