aberdeen-music

First Ever Gig?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

My first gig was The Glitterati/The Black Velvets/Hurricane Party at Moshulu oooonnnn the 13th of April 2005.

So, so bad. :D

My 2nd one was Yourcodenameis:milo at Moshulu... later in April that year, I think? So, so good. :D

I remember my sister went to see Toploader at the Music Hall when I was 8, and I was well jealous, 'cause I liked them and she didn't know who they were. It was beside my birthday and everything. :(

I'd wanted to go to the Sugarcult gig in Moshulu '04 and Biffy at the Music Hall '05 but my mum wouldn't let me 'cause I was too young. :O Thankfully, after Biffy I'd learnt not to tell my mum the age limit for gigs. Skillz. 8-)

garth brooks at the aecc around 95-6-7 ish

Someone bailed on my mother.

it was actually quite good

I think it must have been slightly earlier than that as I remember speaking to someone at school about it and I left in 94.

The first night sold out really quickly. They put on a second night which hardly anybody bought tickets for, so he said "Why don't y'all come back tomorrow for free?" (Probably)

Ha! I wish I could say I was foresighted enough to appreciate them at that early stage but I, as a 15 year old rabid Clash fan, pelted them in gob, beer and broken bits of Music Hall chairs like 90% of the crowd there that night. :laughing::laughing:

Now that's what I call youthful enthusiasm! Something sadly lacking in the teens of today:love:

Red Hot Chili Peppers in SECC. 2001 maybe? They were supported by Mars Volta which was pretty cool. The chilis were pretty good actually. Played some pish from By The Way but there were plenty of tunes from BSSM and albums even before that.

Those gigs were 5th and 6th of March 2003. I remember going on the 2nd day and it was awesome.

My first gig was 16th March 2001, Stereophonics at the Music Hall. Think my second might have been The Rezillos at the Lemon Tree in the same year.

My first gig I was taken to was Gary Glitter at the AECC in 1990.

I was 12. He winked at me. At the time I thought it was innocent enough lol.

First proper gig I went to was Rocket from the Crypt at The Lemon Tree. I think i was 15 or 16.

I remember this was just after a big refurbishment and they were either the first or second gig since they re-opened. The trumpet played got a little carried away and punched a hole in a ceiling tile.

Officially my first would have been the Rolling Stones at Roundhay Park Leeds, 82 I think. I was very young at the time obv.... I just remember being amazed that such an old man could run about so much and sing at the same time.

First indoor gig would probably have been The Smiths at the Capitol. The one where Morrissey was rolling about the front of the stage and got pulled into the crowd. He then took a monumental huff and refused to come back on. Great gig though, I walked all the way home with a huge bunch of daffodils hanging out my back pocket...