aberdeen-music

shops?

jcn

How about having an option where people can have a permanent place on Aberdeen music where they can sell their wares?

I know this would involve a fee of some kind, but I would do it in order to big up singing lessons. Maybe a couple of others would be interested a wee shoppie? eg. Biz and his drums.

Cheers

Jayne

I take it you mean instead of having to post every couple of months or continually bump threads in the trading post. Regular advertisers there have a permanent place where people can contact them or ask about their services?

I'm not sure how many people would use it, i.e. it could end up being another empty sub-forum. Have you thought about buying one of the banner ads or were you hoping for something different?

Guess what I'm trying to see is how the shops would differ from the current trading post forums and the banner ads we already have in place.

The idea I've contemplated before is a paid classifieds system for those who want more exposure than a thread in the trading post forums would give them. Giving people the ability to have their own "online store" would be a much more complex affair. Although I have considered the idea of having a general aberdeen-music online store where bands/musician could sell their music/merch etc but the logistics would still be complicated.

• 1 month later...

I'm assuming the difference is kinda... Trading Post = "Hi. I have an old guitar in my garage. Anyone want it?" and this fancy classified shizniz = "Hi. I'm an actual "company" of sorts selling actual products rather than stuff i forgot i had"

Not sure that this is really going to be of any use... but it's after 4 in the morning and i'm trying to fill in the night...

x

• 2 weeks later...