aberdeen-music

My Chemical Romance

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Zane Lowe used to have a bit of a clue what he was on about. Gonzo is pretty painful to watch these days, but I bet he is being paid mad dollar to claim shitty awful bands to be "hottest band in the world right now" or whatever buzz words and slogans he uses.

Chump.

For the whole I enjoy listening to Zane Lowe's show (and his DJ set at Moshulu was pretty damn brilliant), but every now and again he drops a fucking clanger.

I've no doubt that he doesn't actually think My Chemical Romance murdering a Bob Dylan song in the style of a useless cunt is the hottest record in the world, but that BBC/Radio 1 pressure has dictated that he has to throw in some of this pap every now and again to up the audience numbers etc etc.

I seem to remember a while back he had the Hedrons before they were signed in any shape or form as hottest record in the world. I'm no Hedrons fan, but I find that far more convincing, in that they were a little known band at the time.

I couldn't fucking believe what I was hearing the other night, when he stuck on My Chemical Romance, firstly as the "hottest record in the world right now", secondly, when all I could hear coming through was something that sounded like Bat Out Of Hell, then it morphed into Rocky Horror Show. Then thirdly, he drops the bomb that what I had just heard was a cover of Desolation Row.

I very nearly ended it all by hitting the accelator, taking off my seatbelt, taking my hands off the wheel and closing my eyes.

Could've just turned off the radio...

That wouldn't have stopped the criminality of it all, and by the time I realised it was supposed to be a cover of Desolation Row, the song had ended.

I just thought it was another shite Chemical Romance song whilst it was actually playing :)

Not going to listen as I despise bands like MCR who cover great songs and ruin them, just look at Fall out boy covering Love will tear us apart, ZOMG gives me hightmares even mentioning it, As for Mr Lowe he is a twat, all the music/bands he claims to find have been found for him by some younger person who gets no credit atall which is a shame.

Oh god... I was away cooking pasta and i come back and notice I've apparently posted in this thread... My flatmates getting a slap...

x

Ahahaha!

That could have had serious repercussions...........

I always think it's pretty funny watching people getting all irritated when a band they don't like "covers" a song that they do. Who cares? It's just a bunch of trendy kids with floppy haircuts covering an old song 'cause their managers think it'll make them look cool.

Heard it on the radio and thought it was rank rotten, for the record, never been a fan of MCR or Dylan though.

Why shouldn't I be? I suppose it's because they make music I enjoy. I'd probably struggle to offer any more of an explanation than that.

Yeah, I wouldn't listen to Euan. He can be a ridiculous musical snob who thinks he's better than everyone else because he listens to Lightning Bolt and Pavement.