aberdeen-music

RAINBOW TRUST FUNDRAISER ft The Underkills+Kartta+Curators+Cook House Heroes+Molineux

Guest calumunderkills

I am quite drunk yet re-iterate every word you say......because phil you are the master of paying us compliments!!!! Thanks for the kind words x

Aww thanks, fellas. I have no problem with people talking during my set - I'm not arrogant enough to think everyone must stop and listen, but to shout at eachother whilst taking no interest in the music and the fact that other people may be interested in hearing properly is seriously fucking rude and inconsiderate. I couldn't even hear myself onstage properly because they were so loud. Bad news. I was trying to pick the individuals out from the stage so I could politely tell them how rude they were in person, but all I could see at the back were silhouettes. I went as loud as I ever have done during certain moments in an attempt to drown them out. Yeah, I played an angry set. For several reasons.

The Cook House Heroes were really nice guys and their maturity was evident in their music. That is a compliment.

The Curators reminded me just how much I really appreciate power-pop. Melodic and tuneful with raw over-driven energy. I am a fan and very glad I finally managed to see them.

The Marionettes were superb as always really. That new chorus pedal makes them sound like The fucking Cure in spells. Good work. They were on form with chat and played with tons of vigour. More people in Aberdeen should take note of this lot and check them out. I've caught them several times this year now and they always steal the show.

The Underkills suffered from the crowd dispersing a bit. Even though it was a Friday and it was only around 11pm, people decided to fuck off for various reasons. It would have been better for The Underkills to have some sort of audience to bounce some chat/energy off of. My mum and my sister really enjoyed it regardless, though. Props to Calum for devoting time, effort and energy to raising money for charity. :up:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Phil/Daryl, cheers for the kind words, but The Underkills had a bit of a shite gig to be honest. No excuses cos the sound was spot on and I had a pretty good feeling about the gig right up until it started to go a little wrong in the second song. Fuck knows what happened, but we just made heaps of mistakes we don't normally make.

We also seem to have lost any of the small following we had this time last year - no doubt through a massive lack of gigging. Nevermind though, the main reason behind the gig was to raise money for charity, and that we did. The other acts were all very good though. I didn't see much of Cook House Heroes because of door duties, but saw Phil's set in all its glory plus Curators and Marionettes from the door as I was pretending to be a bouncer...

Once again, cheers to everyone for playing and everyone who came down and supported the evening. :up:

A good night all round! We headed off to Glasgow the next day to support To The Bones. You know those films of cocking about that tend only to be interesting if you know the people involved? Well, I'm afraid we have one (of sorts):

YouTube - Off stage meanderings, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Your one is a lot more sophisticated than our one (ie no genitalia). I especially like that tatoo additions.

• 2 months later...