aberdeen-music

RAINBOW TRUST FUNDRAISER ft The Underkills+Kartta+Curators+Cook House Heroes+Molineux

Guest calumunderkills

Guest calumunderkills

Date: Friday 17th April

Venue: The Tunnels

Doors: 8pm

Tickets: 5

CLICK HERE TO BUY

Rainbow Trust Children's Charity provides practical and emotional support to families who have a child with a life threatening or terminal illness. The charity supports 1,000 families each year.

That's 1 per band, and you're helping a really good cause, so please..... go and buy a ticket or two, and we'll be seeing you all on 17th April...

Cheers,

Calum :up:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

A wee bump for this one.

I will be putting a limited number of tickets in One-Up at lunchtime today.

Best place to get tickets is from ticketweb - link above.

Would be good to see you there.

Cheers,

:up:

Like I said above, there are a limited number of tickets in One Up. The nice guys at One Up are selling them with no booking fee since it's for charity, so if you want to get your hands on a ticket for 5 with no booking fee, get your ass down to One Up before they're all sold.....

:up:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheeky little bump and update......

Kartta can no longer play this show, which is a shame.

However, replacement is the equally brilliant Debutant.

Tickets in One Up for a fiver with no booking fee, or hit the link above if you don't feel like leaving your chair.

All for a wonderful cause :up:

• 1 month later...

WHO?

The Underkills + The Marionettes + Curators + Cook House Heroes + Debutant

WHAT?

Rainbow Trust Fundraising Gig - all of your 5 entry fee goes to the charity. Yes, all of it.

WHERE?

The Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen

WHEN?

7.30pm, the nicht

WHY?

Because it will change your fucking life. That's why.

:popcorn:

This is a phenomenal use of grammar, only taught in primary schools all over the country!!

WHO?

The Underkills + The Marionettes + Curators + Cook House Heroes + Debutant

WHAT?

Rainbow Trust Fundraising Gig - all of your 5 entry fee goes to the charity. Yes, all of it.

WHERE?

The Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen

WHEN?

7.30pm, the nicht

WHY?

Because it will change your fucking life. That's why.

:popcorn:

o_O I didnt see it mentioned anywhere in the Buchanie...

Haven't read this week's Buchanie, but that surprises me - they usually have proper articles about our gigs. They must be letting things slip....

Or maybe you bastards have stolen our thunder seeing as you're playing in the Heed!

Calum, who do you suck off to get number 1 things to do this weekend?

Nobody - they only print science facts in the Evening Express.

Back at you! I finally got to bed just after 3, but we do have footage of Sean riding a toy rocking horse around a petrol station and then falling off the roof of the car, so all for a good cause.

As far the problems during Debutant, it's really infuriating when things like that happen, but I thought Phil dealt with it well. The end of the set was a tad more vitriolic than when I saw him last Monday in Edinburgh and, in a perverse way, I actually really enjoyed that added hint of anger. Must be the final flashing of my youthful zeal...

Cheers to everyone who played and came to watch!

Best moment of a gig ever was delivered by Phil.

"I really fucking hope you guys are in a band so I can talk through your fucking set."

Fucking brilliant. He did look like he was ready to kill... The fact they didn't even notice he'd sworn at them (in front of his mum too...), summed up how rude and ignorant they were being.

That aside though - good night was had by all. 405 raised for the Rainbow Trust - so cheers :up:

Phil was phenomenal last night, he seemed more into it at the start despite the fact that a bunch of wankers at the bar were showing no courtesy whatsoever.......I mean why would you go to a gig if you don't even attempt to appreciate or show respect to the act or acts playing?

Cook house heroes were decent, caught up with one of the lads later on in Snafu, they seemed sound enough.

Curators as always were brilliant, I took the time to dedicate two songs to them as they came all the way from Edinburgh and they're fantastic. It's always great when you make new friends through playing music and I'm sure this won't be the last time we play on the same bill.

Finally, the Underkills put on a good show to finish the night off, bit of a shame that the crowd was probably halved due to the timing of buses etc but I still really enjoyed their set.

A great night!

Guest idol_wild

Aww thanks, fellas. I have no problem with people talking during my set - I'm not arrogant enough to think everyone must stop and listen, but to shout at eachother whilst taking no interest in the music and the fact that other people may be interested in hearing properly is seriously fucking rude and inconsiderate. I couldn't even hear myself onstage properly because they were so loud. Bad news. I was trying to pick the individuals out from the stage so I could politely tell them how rude they were in person, but all I could see at the back were silhouettes. I went as loud as I ever have done during certain moments in an attempt to drown them out. Yeah, I played an angry set. For several reasons.

The Cook House Heroes were really nice guys and their maturity was evident in their music. That is a compliment.

The Curators reminded me just how much I really appreciate power-pop. Melodic and tuneful with raw over-driven energy. I am a fan and very glad I finally managed to see them.

The Marionettes were superb as always really. That new chorus pedal makes them sound like The fucking Cure in spells. Good work. They were on form with chat and played with tons of vigour. More people in Aberdeen should take note of this lot and check them out. I've caught them several times this year now and they always steal the show.

The Underkills suffered from the crowd dispersing a bit. Even though it was a Friday and it was only around 11pm, people decided to fuck off for various reasons. It would have been better for The Underkills to have some sort of audience to bounce some chat/energy off of. My mum and my sister really enjoyed it regardless, though. Props to Calum for devoting time, effort and energy to raising money for charity. :up: