aberdeen-music

Isolated Atoms + The Marionettes

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

For fans of New Order/Joy Division (Isolated Atoms)

For fans of Arctic Monkeys (The Marionettes)

For fans of nakedness (Debutant and the bar staff)

:)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gig last night was good, shame there was hardly anyone there though. The threat of Phil getting his manny oot must have put everyone off...

Anyone in Glasgow on Friday or Edinburgh on Saturday - I'd urge you to check out Isolated Atoms. Very good live - sound like a mash up of Joy Division, New Order, Killers and Editors, if you can imagine that!

The Marionettes as always were very good - energetic, upbeat indie tunes. Cracking stuff.

Debutant was also on form - first time I've seen him live, but really enjoyed it. Only about 20 people in the Tunnels at the time, but he got a pretty good reception from everyone :)

Hopefully more people attend the Glasgow/Edinburgh shows or I'll be bankrupt :down:

The gig last night was good, shame there was hardly anyone there though. The threat of Phil getting his manny oot must have put everyone off...

Anyone in Glasgow on Friday or Edinburgh on Saturday - I'd urge you to check out Isolated Atoms. Very good live - sound like a mash up of Joy Division, New Order, Killers and Editors, if you can imagine that!

The Marionettes as always were very good - energetic, upbeat indie tunes. Cracking stuff.

Debutant was also on form - first time I've seen him live, but really enjoyed it. Only about 20 people in the Tunnels at the time, but he got a pretty good reception from everyone :)

Hopefully more people attend the Glasgow/Edinburgh shows or I'll be bankrupt :down:

Good luck man with the other shows - bit of a cunt being up against the football here I guess!

Aye. Note to self (and all other promoters):

ALWAYS check the football fixtures before booking any gigs. Two gigs in Aberdeen in a week that happen to clash with Scotland World Cup Qualifiers. Not a good idea.

Not only do I miss the bloody games, but a lot of people who may have came to the gigs don't come, so everyone loses out in one way or another. Bit of a shame, cos Isolated Atoms were genuinely really good. A packed Tunnels would have made for a very good gig.

always always check these things, we never played gigs on these nights for that exact reason, i remember being offered a decent gig the same night the champs league final was on, the one when liverpool won, was never going to happen!! lol

I've learned the hard way - I will always check these things in future. We got offered a gig same night as Champs league final this year, and it was actually for a different reason we couldn't do it, but I think taking that into consideration we probably wouldn't have done it anyway!! There could be 2 English teams in the final, which would mean a lot of people who might have attended the gig probably won't!

I've learned the hard way - I will always check these things in future. We got offered a gig same night as Champs league final this year, and it was actually for a different reason we couldn't do it, but I think taking that into consideration we probably wouldn't have done it anyway!! There could be 2 English teams in the final, which would mean a lot of people who might have attended the gig probably won't!

it seems a bit silly to have to consider football on the tv when looking at gigs but the unfortunate thing is it will affect your crowd especially if its national teams or british teams in europe.

Fuck me, last night was marvellous. I wholeheartedly urge you to see the Marionettes live - boundless energy and banter. That was my favourite gig in a long time.

Great stuff! By all accounts the Aberdeen and Glasgow gigs weren't amazing in terms of turn out and everything - but sounds like this was a great way to finish the Scottish leg of the tour.

Apparently Isolated Atoms have asked The Marionettes to tour the UK with them - if that comes off, I'll have pretty much achieved what I set out for with this one.

Well done guys :)

He kisses softly.

Fucking hell I'm hungover!

hahahahhahahahahahahahhahaahahhahaa!!!!!!

I'll pass that on to him, he was practically raping you on the dancefloor i got a giggle out of that.

Just a quick mention that this was possibly the best weekend I've had in a long time, so much banter I could handle the amounts of laughter which were distributed on a regular basis in high volumes............cheers Calum it was insanely good

GO AND SEE CURATORS........we're now practically family after all

We got smashed in Sneaky Petes and the rest is hazy...I'm pretty sure I managed to get some chips though, so all is well. You know those shrunken heads? That's how mine feels today. Poor Sean is off to get the bus back to Glasgow - I don't evny him that trip one bit.

The Marionettes - our band-in-law.

ISOLATED ATOMS, The Tunnels, Aberdeen - 3/5

With a sound that takes the best aspects of the new wave of new wave and gives them a refreshing twist, the Black Country boys have come up with an intriguing brand of moody electro-rock. Opener Run To You sets the pace nicely, and Here We Go powers along, driven by some great guitar work by Mark Neat.

On the opening track of their debut EP Tell Me What I Want, singer Grant Ashman suggests a cooler version of the Killers. The Atoms ought to bomb up the charts.

Nice words from Dave Craig of News of the World. Unfortunately no review of the Marionettes or Debutant, but I'm sure he thought you were both awesome :)

I'm a supporter of true love and with that in mind, The Marionettes and Curators will once again bond like only lovers can at the Tunnels on 17th April, with the minor detail of The Underkills, Debutant and Cook House Heroes.

5 in a bed - awesome :)