aberdeen-music

Isolated Atoms + The Marionettes

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Isolated Atoms on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Isolated Atoms Scottish tour dates, with support from The Marionettes:

The Marionettes - New Single Helena out now!! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

1st April @ The Tunnels, Aberdeen

with Annie Stevenson (+1 tbc)

2nd April @ Dexters, Dundee

with Curators (+1 tbc)

3rd April @ Nice n Sleazys, Glasgow

with Curators + Annie Stevenson

4th April @ The Ark, Edinburgh

with Curators (+1 tbc)

Tickets onsale soon from Welcome to TicketWeb!

Isolated Atoms formed in 2008 in the Black Country, West Midlands. They play serious, mature and intelligent music with an exciting edge. They are being tipped by many to be the hottest undiscovered band in the UK. They have come a long way in a short space of time, having already confirmed a support slot at the London Koko opening for IAMX, and being booked for shows with Ladytron, Haunts and long running German electro band The Notwist.

Isolated Atoms do things a bit differently, if you're looking for a traditional rock band, you won't find it here. But if you're looking for original, forward-thinking commercial music, they supply the goods. Their name reflects their music, as it's intense, moody and dark (Isolated) while being energetic and explosive (Atoms).

The Isolated Atoms EP was released on iTunes on the 12th of Jan 2009 to coincide with their Feb mini-tour. Their tracks have been used in many compilations, such as a release by Lakeland Records coming in March 2009, a cover CD for iPod user magazine and a CD released by The Coventry Kasbah venue with the best of the bands that have played at their venue.

The band will release their next single 'come on down' to coincide with these April shows.

The band have also recently caught the eye of Alan McGee and Warner musics Danny Watson, and have been invited to play their legendary Death Disco showcase, following in the footsteps of bands such as Glasvegas and The Killers to name only two.

PRESS:

'With their smart, synthesizer-driven pop anthems tinged with new wave influences, Isolated Atoms could easily find their place between Interpol and The Killers in the meanders of contemporary rock. For a new band their songs maturity, as well as their confidence as to how to manage their burgeoning career, is simply amazing. Talent and determination; we all know what that cocktail can lead to.' (Jamendo.com)

Ill produce you when you're signed' Peter Hook (Joy Division & New Order).

'Isolated Atoms clearly have some time for Interpol, but I wont sully them with the name of the Editors, as theyre better than those turgid self believers. Well on their way.' Gill Mills - Best of MySpace Podcast.

'The missing link between Joy Division and New Order' Kerrang Radio.

'Isolated Atoms are breaking out from the local scene, they're really on their way to making it big' BBC WM Introducing

'Checked out your my-space tracks and I think they're really cool, drop me a line if you want me to produce your stuff' Paul Tipler (Producer of The Charlatans, Idlewild, Placebo & 80's Matchbox)

'Wicked band and Music, Solid format you're the band that stands out' Dimitris - Coventry Kasbah

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheeky Bump!

Tickets now onsale for Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Isolated Atoms are a band well worth checking out, as are The Marionettes and Curators!!

Cheers :)

I have been on the myspace...

how you get involved with them?

Bit of a weird one - but their agent contacted me...

Many more shows like this to come :up:

Local supports to be announced? That mean its a 5 band bill or am i totally reading this wrong?

Nope, 4 band bill...

Curators aren't playing in Aberdeen, And Annie Stevenson only playing Aberdeen/Glasgow

So:

Tunnels 1st April - Isolated Atoms + The Marionettes + Annie Stevenson + tbc

Dexters 2nd April - Isolated Atoms + The Marionettes + Curators + tbc

Nice n Sleazys 3rd April - Isolated Atoms + The Marionettes + Curators + Annie Stevenson

The Ark, 4th April - Isolated Atoms + The Marionettes + Curators +tbc

Cheers :up:

I got well excited there, I thought Curators were coming back up. Looks like I'll have to wait until later that month :up:

Yeah, unfortunately, Curators couldn't make the Aberdeen leg of the tour........

However, you should get excited by Isolated Atoms.......

And The Marionettes.......... and Annie Stevenson, and the local support band, who if we get the band we're after, is affa good...... :up:

• 2 weeks later...

Velvet Audio will not be playing the Aberdeen leg of the tour.

It transpires that the little fuckers have somehow got themselves banned from the Tunnels............

So - looking for a local support band, possibly 2 (Annie Stevenson may not be on the bill anymore.....)

:up:

We're playing yer clubnight at the Lemon Tree that night, so you better hope not... :up:

Hahaha! Good spot. You'll tell all your Glasgow mates to go though.. o_O