aberdeen-music

i have completely fucked my laptop, help required

The inside bits that make it work are all good, my problem lies with the actual plastic case of the laptop. The screen and the plastic that surrounds it is broken. The screen has a crack in it and also 3 large black circles where the pixels (?) are fucked. The plastic top half of the laptop doesn't stay up because the hinges have cracked off, or rather the shell has cracked. the hinges are still there but are useless because the only thing keeping the screen on is the lead that runs through the ex-hinge - it's like if you stood on a landmine and your leg blew up except it was still attached by a tendon.

the reason it is fucked is taht i dropped it several times when i was pissed.

SUMMARY: fucked outer casing of laptop caused by being pissed, can I buy a new top half of my laptop?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
i don't have house insurance. This is how retarded I am - if I take the hard drive and extra RAM i gave my laptop out of it, can I basically put it in another laptop and then it will be like my broken laptop? does that make sense?

If you put the hard drive in another laptop your data will be there but a lot of the other shit won't work. It might boot, i don't know. The RAM will only work if the other laptop uses the same kind. Have you tried phoning the manufacturer and getting a quote for the repair? probably cheaper than buying a new one.