aberdeen-music

Exciting things to do in Dublin

guinness storehouse

i'd recommend the Jameson visitor center, also the Kilmainham Jail, Dublin, Ireland which was used as the prison for the Italian Job. Another place to visit is Trinity College which houses the book of Kells. The museums dotted around the city are also quite interesting to visit, one has a permanent display about the easter uprising. The GPO on O'Connell street is good for trying to spot the bullet holes from the easter uprising.

The James Joyce centre is quite good, also the Writers Museum is also an interesting place to go.

If you are only spending a day i would recommend getting a Dublin pass for the day costs 35 euros but gets you free entry into a lot of the places you have to pay and you get a guide book of attractions that accept it.

Also if you get the chance visit St Audoen's Church which is one of the oldest churches in Ireland that still has a regular service (also part of it was used the the Tudors tv series.

I liked....the Natural History Museum, the Gallery of Modern Art, Bischoff's (sp?) chipper, Bewley's (I think it is) tea-rooms, tons of good pubs (the one I like best was called The Long Hall Bar, I think).

Your pal will probably enjoy Temple Bar. There's a Museum of Rock Music too. Worth checking out venues like Whelans, Vicar St etc for gigs.

There are some deceny record shops too, which I could find if I was there, but can't recall names, sorry!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Try not to drink alcohol, it's never been cheap, but friends were there a couple of weeks ago and told me that it's now 8 a pint. Ouch.

Jee-sus.

I was there in October, and it wasn't anything like 8 a pint - not cheap though. Can't remember what the prices were like.

I didn't really see much of interest in Dublin. We were staying in a place called Trim, which is about 30/40 miles from Dublin. Apparently quite a lot of Braveheart was filmed in the area...

It's pretty close to Slain Castle (the one that does all the gigs).

But we weren't really sightseeing - just visiting an old friend, and chilling out etc.

I watched Scotland ballsing up the qualifier against Norway in a nice wee pub in Trim. How the fuck did he miss that open goal......?? o_O

I was about to ask how worthwhile it would be, since I think Guinness tastes like arse. It is duly noted.

That's what I thought, then I had some over there and it was all I drank most of the time. What a difference. Can't recommend the distillery enough, had to queue over an hour but was well worth it