aberdeen-music

Ju-jitsu!

drummer69

Hey everyone ive been lookin for a jujitsu club in aberdeen for ages and i cant find one anywhere. i tried out the club at aberdeen university but being an RGU student i cld only get in2 there sports union once(WTF) so pleeeease if anyone knows of a jujitsu club or similar ANYWHERE in aberdeen please help me out!!!

peace x

Google is your friend:

University of Aberdeen Ju-Jitsu Club

RGU: Sports at RGU

Aberdeen Judo Club - Home Page

I'm pretty sure that AMAG and probably the one at Banks O' Dee would do affordable deals for students, most martial arts classes do. If you're into MMA then either of those would be the one to go for, otherwise there's no shortage of good martial arts classes in Aberdeen. You just need to google around until you find one that suits.

lol trust me ive been googling my ass off!! like id sed ive been to the aberdeen uni one but the student union staff wont let me in agen coz im at rgu, the rgu jujitsu hasnt run for around 2 years, nd ive emailed the guy from tht judo but still waiting to hear bk!!! it is judo or jujitsu im lookin for, altho mma is gd its not wot i train in so aint as much help!!! was hoping theres sum1 here tht trains or knows sum1 tht trains in like a club at ther local leisure or community center, sumthin tht i u cant find online, coz the ones online r no gd!!

• 2 years later...

Hi - if you're looking for a non-uni affiliated ju jitsu club, check out granite city ju jitsu on facebook. Classes are on Monday nights - church hall on Huntly Street, 7pm to 8.30pm. I know the post is a bit outdated now but if it helps anyone that's good! First class is free and then there's a nominal mat fee for insurance/hall rental thereafter but it's cheap training. Instructor is black belt, insured, disclosure checked and affiliated to clubs in highlands and central belt.

AMAG teaches a wide curriculum including Brazilian Jujitsu, Jun fan(JKD aka Jeet kune do), Muay thai, Silat, CSW(combat submission wrestling), Kali and Judo. With elements borrowed from other martial arts.

Personally I would say their Muay thai is top notch and I go there to study Muay Thai. If you want a overall padded out combat system they would be high on the list of suggestions however if you wanted something abit more specific and purist you would have to go to a dedicated club :).

• 7 years later...