aberdeen-music

Guitar help

cedric

Danelectro DC 59 (Black) | Dolphin Music

Was wondering if any of you more experienced guitar users would be able to help me, looking at starting up again, lats time I tried was when i was 13 had it for a couple of days and sold it but now I am very, very serious about it and need to know if the guitar above would be suitable. I don't really want to spend much well no more than 200 so any help would not go a miss.

Thanks.

Well...I'm not enough of a guitarist to give any real advice, but I've a slightly older DanO, and like it fine for recording. I've gigged it a couple of times, but the tuners weren't too reliable. However I believe they've fixed that problem now (using enclosed, adjustable ones now).

I suppose a lot depends on the style of music you'll be using it for. IMO it's a great 'garage band' guitar.

Diesel on here is selling a Yamaha Pacifica for a really good price which would be perfect if you're just starting out. I started off with one and for the price they really are quite good (mine was a bit dodge, but I just got unlucky). It all depends on what sort of stuff you plan on playing, although the Pacifica would be pretty versatile. Good luck!

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/equipment/53628-yamaha-pacifica-gig-bag-stand.html

Pacifca's are fairly reliable starter guitars, although the trem units in them are gash. Do they make a hardtail Pacifica?

It depends what kind of music you want to play really though. You're not gonna get any chug out of a Dano, but it will twang and jingle better than a Pacifica, or any guitar at that price!

I'd love a DC59. They are so cheap too. I might look into one around my birthday.

Diesel on here is selling a Yamaha Pacifica for a really good price which would be perfect if you're just starting out. I started off with one and for the price they really are quite good (mine was a bit dodge, but I just got unlucky). It all depends on what sort of stuff you plan on playing, although the Pacifica would be pretty versatile. Good luck!

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/equipment/53628-yamaha-pacifica-gig-bag-stand.html

Cheers Mannie!

It's a popular guitar in very good condition and you're welcome to try it out.

Paul

The Danelectros are cool but have quite a distinctive sound and can be a bit "quirky". Seems to me that it's the kind of guitar you may either love or hate.

I would agree with Captain Stack that Diesel's Pacifica might be a better bet for a beginner. Great price too, you're never going to lose money on it if you decide it's not for you.