aberdeen-music

You bloody liar.

Whats the worst thing you have ever lied about to get out of/into a situation?

Ever pretended to like a band to seem cool? Ever pretended to read a book you havent, or something far worse?

Go on, dish the dirt. I have a few ones that are pretty bad, but I'll wait to gauge the tone of the thread first.

When I was about 13 I really wanted to join my mates band as the drummer. I told them I had been playing drums for over a year when the truth is, I didn't even know what a fucking snare drum was, let alone how to play an entire kit.

Anyways, I 'phoned in sick' on the day of the first practice, but decided that I 'had' to learn drums sooner or later. That was 13 years ago and I'm still playing them haha.

Since it's safe to assume everyone here has faked one at some point, I'll admit to once telling a girl a condom had split for a laugh. It was really funny for 5 seconds, until she burst into tears and I had to console and reassure her for about 20 minutes. It was at this point that I realised the majority of things I thought were funny other people didn't.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't even contemplate counting how many times I've done that.*

Certainly more often than not. I'd very much doubt I'm alone in this as far as the ladies go.

*Not to my current boyfriend I should add.

You make that sound like hundreds of men will now be doubting their sexual performance!

I once faked it in a restaurant. Then some woman was like "I'LL HAVE WHAT HE'S HAVING"

Alan Cynic took me to that restaurant (Katz Deli). I've never suspected that it was some sort of come on... until now.

I've just remembered that I once pretended to like Phil Collins to get in about a girl. :down:

Guest treader.

A friend of mine (naming no names) told a girl he had inoperable lung cancer, and was going to die a virgin...so she would let him fire his beans up her muff.

That's pretty fucking low, and yet...brilliant.

Guest treader.
I've played the gay card. Approach a group of girls saying ur not from Aberdeen and ask if there's any gay bars, get talking, eventually get the "all the decent guys are gay" or "what a waste" line, then, well now you mention it....

That worked?!