aberdeen-music

Iron Maiden nominated for Brit award

Guest Bob Double Jack

Guest treader.
why would they be?
Just because they are old doesnt mean they dont put on a great LIVE show and guess what, thats what the award is about, not whether you think they are out dated or not.

You've answered your own question.

No, no. He's got a point. Why haven't all the bands in the whole world who are good at playing their songs live been nominated for the Brit Awards? Why?

hahahah thats not my point at all.

He asked why Status Quo hadnt been nominated as said older bands still deserve to be because he knows im a fan and thought he was being funny.

haha nevermind that post made the day better so thanks :)

The only time I went to see Iron Maiden, I was a little disorientated by a half full bottle of water landing bottom first on my head, then spent the gig with 50% of my attention dedicated to my personal safety (avoiding crowd surfing gits (news flash for you guys - it isn't likely to be an Olympic sport any time soon, so give it up), spontaneously opening up mosh pits, staying on my feet in general). I don't even remember half the songs they played. One of the nails in the coffin for my attendance at big gigs.

Not that it's Iron Maiden's fault, but this thread brought that memory back and I thought I'd bore you with it.

I avoid big gigs these days (far too much lager being thrown around - are you there to see the performers/listen to the music or just there to be a dick?). At least at small venues if someone throws a pint up in the air then they'll get kicked out.