aberdeen-music

Iron Maiden nominated for Brit award

Guest Bob Double Jack

so it's an award based on who can sell the most tickets to their gigs?

no i think the hint is in the name.

Its for the best LIVE band, for those who struggle with this concept, I THINK it means you get to vote on who you think has the best live performance. Not who sells the most tickets or who has had the most number ones or who has shagged Lady Gaga.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Its for the best LIVE band, for those who struggle with this concept, I THINK it means you get to vote on who you think has the best live performance. Not who sells the most tickets or who has had the most number ones or who has shagged Lady Gaga.

so I was right the first time then? try a little reading milner, it will help you make informed posts.

I struggle with the concept of a bunch of dinosaurs playing the same heavy metal music that was fresh and innovative 30 years ago being considered the best live act in british music. i feel similarly towards scouting for girls, one of the most pointless bands ever to have existed in the history of music. so in my opinion it is a completely irrelevent award ceremony, and Richie's justification that Iron Maiden still sell out arenas is irrelevent to my opinion.

so I was right the first time then? try a little reading milner, it will help you make informed posts.

I struggle with the concept of a bunch of dinosaurs playing the same heavy metal music that was fresh and innovative 30 years ago being considered the best live act in british music. i feel similarly towards scouting for girls, one of the most pointless bands ever to have existed in the history of music. so in my opinion it is a completely irrelevent award ceremony, and Richie's justification that Iron Maiden still sell out arenas is irrelevent to my opinion.

I did read it and your speaking rubbish. Why shouldnt they win best live act if they are still performing to an amazing standard to a lot of people? Just because they are old doesnt mean they dont put on a great LIVE show and guess what, thats what the award is about, not whether you think they are out dated or not.

• Upvote 1

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I did read it and your speaking rubbish. Why shouldnt they win best live act if they are still performing to an amazing standard to a lot of people? Just because they are old doesnt mean they dont put on a great LIVE show and guess what, thats what the award is about, not whether you think they are out dated or not.

If you think they are the greatest live act in britain that's your fucking problem, but i am entitled to my opinion that nominations like these summarise why these shitty ceremonies are pointless and embarassing. I'm not going to try and convince a guy who would pay money to see Status Quo otherwise...:laughing:

If you think they are the greatest live act in britain that's your fucking problem, but i am entitled to my opinion that nominations like these summarise why these shitty ceremonies are pointless and embarassing. I'm not going to try and convince a guy who would pay money to see Status Quo otherwise...:laughing:

hey each to their own musical tastes tom, simple fact is the concept you struggle with is understanding that not every one has this narrowminded view of music like you do. I wouldnt say im a fan of Iron madien in any real way, but they still put on a great show.

These 'Live Act' awards are dubious in any case. It's the same bands that are winning the album awards etc, on big labels, because they have the label backing to put on big light shows and the like, compared to smaller bands who might be playing amazing shows, but in a dark venue somewhere without the same excess and flamboyancy provided for the more famous acts.

One could conjecture that many people who go to see Scouting For Girls, Razorlight and other 'amazing' live acts, don't go to see local bands, or go to a lot of gigs, and it's the same people who care about Brit Awards. Also, there's the possibility that bigger bands won't be playing 'live' at all, and the people that like the CD will hear the same thing in a big room with lots of other people, and of course they'll enjoy it and herald them a great live act.

It riles me. So much so that I talk shit.

Your posts are full of sarcastic wrong.

WE don't get to vote on anything. The Brits are 'judged' by a panel of 1000 members of the music industry. Which for obvious reasons makes the whole thing pretty much meaningless anyway.

Guest treader.

Why aren't the Quo nominated then?!

WE don't get to vote on anything. The Brits are 'judged' by a panel of 1000 members of the music industry. Which for obvious reasons makes the whole thing pretty much meaningless anyway.

Yup, I would far rather the same people who gave Alexandra Burke a #1 and Girls Aloud a career vote on the music awards.

It's a no win situation.