aberdeen-music

Shutter + Greater the Shadow + iname + nomogram @ The Tunnels

ben_1903

Shutter

Inverness based instrumental post rock for fans of God Is An Astronaut and This Will Destroy You. Supported Deftones and Aereogramme. Not to be missed!

" they regularly set the stage alight...little wonder Deftones snared them for a support slot... The drums arrive fierce and accurate, adeptly penetrating the clear, layered, dual guitar assault as and when the crescendos rise and warble out. Theres effortless synchronicity at play here, and the tools to beat away the boredom that too often dogs the genre are firmly in Shutters possession." Gonorth review - The Skinny

Shutter on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Greater the Shadow

Aberdeens' instrumental 6 piece will have you gaping in wonder at their blend gorgeous ambient melodies, edgier riffage and electronicaly generated noise.

Greater The Shadow on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

iname

Combining flowing melodies with massive riffage 4-piece iname are for fans of Pelican, Funeral Diner, and Oceansize.

iname on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Nomogram

Live-electronics from Dundee. A finely crafted mix of guitar loops, triggers and a multitde of instruments makes for superb listening! Featuring Spit of Esperi and Eye fame.

nomogram on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Thursday February 19th @ The Tunnels

5 at the door

7:30 start

poster to follow shortly

Shutter

Inverness based instrumental post rock for fans of God Is An Astronaut and This Will Destroy You. Supported Deftones and Aereogramme. Not to be missed!

" they regularly set the stage alight...little wonder Deftones snared them for a support slot... The drums arrive fierce and accurate, adeptly penetrating the clear, layered, dual guitar assault as and when the crescendos rise and warble out. Theres effortless synchronicity at play here, and the tools to beat away the boredom that too often dogs the genre are firmly in Shutters possession." Gonorth review - The Skinny

Shutter on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Greater the Shadow

Aberdeens' instrumental 6 piece will have you gaping in wonder at their blend gorgeous ambient melodies, edgier riffage and electronicaly generated noise.

Greater The Shadow on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

iname

Combining flowing melodies with massive riffage 4-piece iname are for fans of Pelican, Funeral Diner, and Oceansize.

iname on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Nomogram

Live-electronics from Dundee. A finely crafted mix of guitar loops, triggers and a multitde of instruments makes for superb listening! Featuring Spit of Esperi and Eye fame.

nomogram on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Thursday February 19th @ The Tunnels

5 at the door

7:30 start

poster to follow shortly

I want to see nomogram, however i've heard that shutter are one of the most boring, generic post-rock outfits ever? any truth to that?

good stuff regardless, Ben.

I want to see nomogram, however i've heard that shutter are one of the most boring, generic post-rock outfits ever? any truth to that?

good stuff regardless, Ben.

well from the stuff i have heard, i think they are really good. And they must be doing something right to get supports with deftones and arreogramme.

Come see them - you may be pleasantly suprised. Nomogram also - very good stuff.

I think its a fairly well mixed bill - nomogram more electricy side of things, iname heavyer side of things and gts and shutter i think will go wel together. :up:

Guest idol_wild
i've heard that shutter are one of the most boring, generic post-rock outfits ever? any truth to that?

Lots of truth to that.

I likey the rest of the bill and I shall be there with motherfucking bells on.

When are Winter in Siberia going to gig? :p

ha, touche. though seeing as there is but two proper members in winter in siberia just now i think we're lacking a few components for the gigging experience. it's coming along nicely though and once we get practicing semi-regularly again then i'm sure it'll only be a matter of time. everyone will fucking hate it anyway though.

I've seen Shutter a few times and i thought they were pretty good song-wise and very slick sounding. They played with us at Go-North and i they seemed like nice guys as well.

I'm unsold on GTS they have some marvelous moments but some that make me cringe to the inner depths of my soul. I have yet to see iname though what i have heard was a good starting point. I am completely uninspired by Nomogram.

I've seen Shutter a few times and i thought they were pretty good song-wise and very slick sounding. They played with us at Go-North and i they seemed like nice guys as well.

I'm unsold on GTS they have some marvelous moments but some that make me cringe to the inner depths of my soul. I have yet to see iname though what i have heard was a good starting point. I am completely uninspired by Nomogram.

I think the videos of shutter on their myspace also show them to be really slick - have a look.

Ive seen them many times as im from inverness originally, i used to like them,

i feel its got a bit bland now, but im not a huge fan of instrumental music, its not somthing i would sit down and spend hours listening to,

Come down and see what their like these days? and also catch some of the acts we have on the rest of the bill? :up:

Hey everyone,

I'm looking forward to this night. Ah, t'will be fun for sure.

Thanks for above comments, both good and bad. I do hope you enjoy it in real life.

Alkaline, I appreciate your honesty. Any thoughts on anything specific that you feel is lacking? and i don't want to sound confrontational when I say that as I am genuinely interested in others opinions, as i am of course only one man (woe is me!) and although I primarily do it for my own enjoyment, it obviously makes sense to let others enjoy it too! PM me if anyone wishes.

I hate 'laptop sets' as much as the next 'muso'- Katerwaul/Bench will remember the event in which [eye] and they played alongside a sea of pretentious scene queens checking their emails live on stage! We were the ones scoffed at for having these primitive amplimicators and guitarimaphones.

So, I will be doing my best to play as much as i can live, and leaving the Solitaire until later.

In conclusion, Beatles bad, Wings good.

Discuss.

Spit

x

Alkaline, I appreciate your honesty. Any thoughts on anything specific that you feel is lacking? and i don't want to sound confrontational when I say that as I am genuinely interested in others opinions, as i am of course only one man (woe is me!) and although I primarily do it for my own enjoyment, it obviously makes sense to let others enjoy it too! PM me if anyone wishes.

I hate 'laptop sets' as much as the next 'muso'- Katerwaul/Bench will remember the event in which [eye] and they played alongside a sea of pretentious scene queens checking their emails live on stage! We were the ones scoffed at for having these primitive amplimicators and guitarimaphones.

So, I will be doing my best to play as much as i can live, and leaving the Solitaire until later.

Sorry, my comment came off a bit harsh there i think. I like your stuff enough to listen to it and not turn it off instantly. I guess i just found it too "backgroundy" if you know what i mean, it didn't hold my attention enough. That's not to say that i didn't get something out of listening to it though as there are some very nice bits here and there and it's well recorded and put together.

I dunno, it just didn't grab me enough i guess.

It would be interesting to see how it translates live though as it may work better for me in that environment.

Sorry, my comment came off a bit harsh there i think. I like your stuff enough to listen to it and not turn it off instantly. I guess i just found it too "backgroundy" if you know what i mean, it didn't hold my attention enough. That's not to say that i didn't get something out of listening to it though as there are some very nice bits here and there and it's well recorded and put together.

I dunno, it just didn't grab me enough i guess.

It would be interesting to see how it translates live though as it may work better for me in that environment.

No that's quite alright. I agree that it can be backgroundy (hopefully not in a 'muzak' way) and I guess to an extent I subconsciously don't want it to progress or 'do anything'. Kind of like watching Neighbours, where you can drift in an out over a course of many years, and Lou Carpenter is still coming up with get rich quick schemes and Bouncer is still dead.....

No that's quite alright. I agree that it can be backgroundy (hopefully not in a 'muzak' way) and I guess to an extent I subconsciously don't want it to progress or 'do anything'. Kind of like watching Neighbours, where you can drift in an out over a course of many years, and Lou Carpenter is still coming up with get rich quick schemes and Bouncer is still dead.....

since neighbours moved to channel 5 I have abandoned by studenty ways and not watched neighbours. But i do like to think good old harold and lou and still bumbling along and lou is findy new ways to rip off the residents of the house of trouser...

anyhoo back to the gig...

since neighbours moved to channel 5 I have abandoned by studenty ways and not watched neighbours. But i do like to think good old harold and lou and still bumbling along and lou is findy new ways to rip off the residents of the house of trouser...

anyhoo back to the gig...

Fuck the gig, I've got a date with Helen Daniels, Billy Kennedy, and um, Cody Willis?....right ok, gig it is. Lousy Aussies with their prison heriatige, leathery skin and poisonous spiders/snakes/frogs/plants/dust/tongue.

So yeah, gig. I'll probably be there about 6:30-7:00.