aberdeen-music

Local bands - CDs in One Up?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I'm going to One Up at lunchtime to buy the following CDs:

Marionettes

Shy & DRS

Cobra Kai (if Lucky has put them in...?)

Any other local bands' CDs currently in One Up I should look out for?

Cheers,

Calum :up:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His loss.

Because he no longer uses the worst media in history for audio playback quality/longevity?

I honestly wish you'd have put that thing on Vinyl if you were going to be abstract for abstract's sake.

You do want to sell those things don't you? While i admire the notion behind it i personally can't see the point of a tape release. Each to their own though obviously.

Because he no longer uses the worst media in history for audio playback quality/longevity?

I honestly wish you'd have put that thing on Vinyl if you were going to be abstract for abstract's sake.

You do want to sell those things don't you? While i admire the notion behind it i personally can't see the point of a tape release. Each to their own though obviously.

How is releasing something on vinyl being 'abstract for abstract's sake' ?

For the record, I wasn't getting into a dispute on the merits of releasing material on cassette or vinyl.........

I might buy some of the vinyl released by local bands either as collector's items or I'll buy myself a record player sometime when I finally move into our own house, and I have space for it!

It's like a kickback at modernity. For the record (hah) i actually really like Vinyl sound quality.

It may be slightly obtuse in relation to how many people use it vs. how many don't, however, it's generally not used by labels/bands for this fact! As you point out, good sound quality (providing you have a good setup and take care of your records, of course), the best platform for getting the most out of artwork, etc...

It may be slightly obtuse in relation to how many people use it vs. how many don't, however, it's generally not used by labels/bands for this fact! As you point out, good sound quality (providing you have a good setup and take care of your records, of course), the best platform for getting the most out of artwork, etc...

Yeah, you do realise i was actually suggesting he would've been better off releasing it on Vinyl don't you?

Exposure, pick up the MMW album if you haven't got it and whatever Right Hand Left CDs they have and the Eddison album.

Guest treader.
Yeah, you do realise i was actually suggesting he would've been better off releasing it on Vinyl don't you?

yes, but you also said he was doing it to be 'abstract for abstract's sake'