aberdeen-music

Making a mix!?

Guest treader.

Guest treader.

Can somebody tell me some good sites for downloading acapella versions of songs and also instrumental versions!?

I ask because I've been trying to make one of those "Snoop Dogg vs Crowded House" or "Jimmy Shand vs 50 Cent" type mixes for ages and I cant find the pieces I need to make the one I need to make.

I'd tell you what they are, but that would give it away.

But are there any sites that are particularly good for this?! Or am I better using torrents/Soulseek to try and source them!?

I'm also kind of interested to know this. I'm doing a few sample based songs so some carefully selected and chopped up acapella stuff would be amazing. I also want to find a site that has archives of individual words or phrases. I am spending hours on youtube and sifting through my music collection, which is fun but slow going. Starting to get in a bit of a rush so if anyone knows of something along those lines that'd be great. Will check around myself on other forums later on so if I find the answer I will post it.

Treader, I did come across the sort of thing you were wanting for Beastie Boys Beastie Boys - Remix

BlackLabelled.com • View topic - 1200 Acapellas RAR'd

There's a bunch on here- not the most varied selection but I reckon that forum would be the place to find what you're looking for. Hope it helps.

EDIT- I'm 99% certain that was the site I was trying to link to you in the first place, but when you go onto it you get automatically directed to the forum. You should still be able to get a lot of stuff through the boards though.

Well, as the maker of the Jimmy vs 50 mix I'll let you know the one site you need to know about.

http://www.gybo5.com/

It's still run by McSleazy the Glasgow DJ and it's the web's best bootleg / mash-up community.

If you're looking for a specific acapella / instrumental and it exists then somebody on there will probably sort you out if you ask nicely.

It's 'not as good as it used to be' (which the original members from the days of 'Stroke of Genius' et al are always saying) but there's still loads of mixes going up every day.