aberdeen-music

Coldplay, The Killers, Scouting For Girls.

Edgar Graham

They really aren't that bad. I'm certainly no fan of Scouting for Girls, but both the Killers and Coldplay have a few great songs between them. However saying that sitting in an empty room for the rest of my days listening to them wouldn't exactly be a fulfilling life so I'd take the rusty spoon.

What would rather do? Live in an empty room for the rest of your life listening to these three bands on repeat or gouge your own heart out with a rusty spoon...

Rusty spoon everytime.

What?

How can you possibly compare Coldplay and the Killers for that matter to Scouting For Girls. I still think Parachutes is one of the best debut albums of this century. And "Hot Fuss" is awesome and has one of the strongest openings to an album in the past ten years also.

Killers have some great tunes on their first album. They quickly nosedived with there second...and the third is just awful.

Coldplay, have a few good tunes, but they suffer from over saturation and being hugely sucessful... which automaically turns people against them.

Scouting For Girls are pish though.

-

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I concur with most on here.

I've seen both Coldplay and Killers twice live I think. Coldplay at the Music Hall was absolutely brilliant, apart from hardly anyone in the crowd knowing any of their songs outside Trouble or Yellow. Nobody even seemed to know Shiver or any album tracks! Second time was at T in the Park, when they were much more famous (second album I think), and everyone was well up for it - great live shows both times. Subsequent albums not as good as the first, but as kingofdeon says - fine debut album.

Killers - first album is full of great pop songs. First time I saw them at T in the Park, they were abysmal - just boring. But I saw them at Glasto 2007, and they were absolutely stunning. One of the best live shows I've ever seen. I'm not a great fan of their second album, and certainly nothing since then to be honest, but their live show at Glasto (and I heard T in the Park were brilliant).

Scouting for Girls? I'd never tire of repeatedly stamping on the boy. I'd give him a stamp for each time he's ever sang the line "She's so love-ely"

And let's not forget the pinnacle of utter shitery that was Scouting For Girls' cover of London Calling at the Olympic group wank ceremony thing.

Thank fuck I was never subjected to that.

By the way what's happened to Hard-Fi? For some reason this thread reminded me of them. I fucking hated them.

Killers have some great tunes on their first album. They quickly nosedived with there second...and the third is just awful.

Coldplay, have a few good tunes, but they suffer from over saturation and being hugely sucessful... which automaically turns people against them.

-

Totally agree :up:

Now that I think about it, this question is inherently stupid. Even if I was forced to sit to a great band for the rest of time in a room, or watch a movie, or only do one activity repeatedly forever of course I'd end up killing myself with cutlery. Or by some other means.

-

I liked Killers' second album the most. I think it's really good actually.

Scouting For Girls are so bad. I was in a shit club, surrounded by shit people once and "She's so Lovely" came on and I actually wanted to cry. Terrible, terrible music my friends. Terrible.

Coldplay and the Killers are bland enough to ignore (Except for that Killers song where he just keeps saying stuff about someone having a boyfriend throughout the chorus. That one can shit off). Scouting For Girls are quite offensively terrible though. In the same league as them are the Wombats and the TingTings. The Wombats make my feelings hurt.

I love threads about shit bands.

Guest treader.
and the third is just awful.

No! Why doesn't anyone else see that their third and most recent album is the best thing they've ever released!??! I'm serious. GREAT album.

No! Why doesn't anyone else see that their third and most recent album is the best thing they've ever released!??! I'm serious. GREAT album.

I haven't bought the third album. But the single Human repulses me greatly.

It's a good song. The chord progressions are really nice. What is it you find so repulsive?!

It is possible that it's the ridiculous amount of airtime that's put me off. But, firstly I find the lyrics ridiculous, and I just can't stand the chorus.

To be honest, I can't put my finger on exactly what's wrong with the song, but it irritates the shit out of me to the point that I switch stations or put on a CD if it comes on.

It's no prejudice against the Killers because I want to like them - the first album is great.