aberdeen-music

New Underkills track uploaded

Guest calumunderkills

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Gladstone

We've done bollocks all this year, but are getting our asses in gear again in the coming weeks and months.

Anyone got an opinion on the tracks on our myspace? The newest one being the live acoustic version of The Crunch?

New tracks coming soon, but we'll hopefully keep the best of our old ones on the go too, possibly re-work a few.

Guest Gladstone
Wait a minute - Carrots Gladstone = Calum? I had no idea it was you. I thought you'd spat the dummy and decided not to bother posting any more.

Correct.

I deleted the Exposure one cos I wasn't doing it anymore, and wasn't posting for a wee while, then someone advertised an Underkills gig, and I felt the need to tell folk we weren't actually playing that gig (not that that would have made any difference to the [non]attendance).

I've not been posting much, but today, I've been a little bit addicted to the forum for some reason. I'll come and go from now on... Not a busy day at work, so filling in a bit of time. Things will start picking up again - I'm just back from 3 weeks off, so it takes a while for the work to filter my way again.

Go on post your honest opinions on our tracks, I know you've given them to me before anyway :popcorn:

Correct.

I deleted the Exposure one cos I wasn't doing it anymore, and wasn't posting for a wee while, then someone advertised an Underkills gig, and I felt the need to tell folk we weren't actually playing that gig (not that that would have made any difference to the [non]attendance).

I've not been posting much, but today, I've been a little bit addicted to the forum for some reason. I'll come and go from now on... Not a busy day at work, so filling in a bit of time. Things will start picking up again - I'm just back from 3 weeks off, so it takes a while for the work to filter my way again.

Go on post your honest opinions on our tracks, I know you've given them to me before anyway :popcorn:

did somebody say johnny come lately / here today gone tomorrow??

Guest Gladstone
I listened to about half of "the Crunch - Acoustic", the first 20 seconds of "Lost My Soul" and 17 seconds of "Missing Yesterday"........

Found it all very dull I'm afraid. I gave it a shot though :up:

Fair play, cheers for taking time to listen. If you feel inclined, maybe give Lost My Soul a bit more of a chance, it builds into a bit of a thumping track, but if you didn't like any of what you heard, it might not be worth it...

:up:

Guest Gladstone
I'll try and have a listen the day min, ken?

If you can fit us in in between make up applications and nail appointments, that would be real suave.

• Upvote 1

I think I emailed you my thoughts on all the other tracks before. I can rake it out and post it if you like. As for the new track, I really like it. The guitar work is really nice, I like the chords and the lead bits. The melody is really good tho Ididn't really listen to the lyrics. You've kept it short and to the point as well, which is something I've said to you in the past, some of your songs tend to go on a bit too long without changing, but you've sorted that out this time (says the guy who has a complete inability to write a song that's under 6 minutes long). I think it's a really good song, looking forward to hearing it with the full band. My only criticism is of the singing. I know it's just a demo but jesus your singer is flat as a shit-carter's hat....

Guest Gladstone
I think I emailed you my thoughts on all the other tracks before. I can rake it out and post it if you like. As for the new track, I really like it. The guitar work is really nice, I like the chords and the lead bits. The melody is really good tho Ididn't really listen to the lyrics. You've kept it short and to the point as well, which is something I've said to you in the past, some of your songs tend to go on a bit too long without changing, but you've sorted that out this time (says the guy who has a complete inability to write a song that's under 6 minutes long). I think it's a really good song, looking forward to hearing it with the full band. My only criticism is of the singing. I know it's just a demo but jesus your singer is flat as a shit-carter's hat....

It's a live version recorded on Northsound 1.

Cheers for the feedback (and most of it positive - that's a first on this site! :))

I haven't listened to the track myself for a whiley, but I think his singing is quite good on that track.

I think his voice seems to divide opinion. A few have criticised it, but then others say (and my wife being one of them - she's always brutally honest when it comes to the Underkills) that he has a "lovely" voice. I really like his voice. I can't describe it as "lovely" though cos that's as gay as straightening your hair ;)

He is a good singer and I like his voice generally, he's just really flat on that track.

That's coming from a guy who said yesterday that touching anothe man's cock wasn't gay as long as you did it through your sleeve. Next you'll be saying it's not gay to fuck a guy in the ass, as long as you don't get fucked in YOUR ass....

Guest Gladstone
He is a good singer and I like his voice generally, he's just really flat on that track.

That's coming from a guy who said yesterday that touching anothe man's cock wasn't gay as long as you did it through your sleeve. Next you'll be saying it's not gay to fuck a guy in the ass, as long as you don't get fucked in YOUR ass....

2 general rules in the Underkills gang:

1. Bottles dinna count

2. It's only gay if you tak it