aberdeen-music

FINAL POLL! - - - 'BEST NEWCOMER' 2009? - Fudge Awards

The Ghost Of Fudge

The Fudge Awards 2009 will be held at The Lemon Tree on Friday 13th February.

Our ninth annual awards shindig features live music from local heroes The Lorelei, Edinburgh's Tyrant Lizard Kings, and the mighty Samurai Fury.

There'll also be an awards ceremony (it's very tounge-in-cheek, don't worry) where we celebrate the best bands in Aberdeen. We encourage you to wear suits, tux's, kilts, ballgowns and the like. It's an awards ceremony, yeah?

There will also be voting slips available at Fudge gigs and clubnights (starting with the Black Tooth Rock Lounge at Snafu this Monday night). We'll add these votes to those received online, and announce the winners from the Lemon Tree stage.

SO, FINALLY (YES, IT'S THE LAST POLL!): WHO'S THE 'BEST NEWCOMER' 2009?

Nominations:

Cobra Kai - new tracks online! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Greater The Shadow on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

PRYON on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Thrashist Regime on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Tupelo Town Assembly on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

WIFEBEATER - LIVE TRACKS UP on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PREVIOUS 'BEST NEWCOMER' WINNERS:

2001 - Nero

2002 - Contra

2003 - The X-Certs

2004 - King Liar And The Brutes

2005 - Radio Lucifer

2006 - The Welles

2007 - Kartta

2008 - Bloodnut

2009 - ???

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I'm not overly into any of the bands mentioned' date=' though I voted for Cobra Kai because when we had a show together I chatted to a couple of the members they were sound guys.[/quote']

That's us. What we lack in talent we make up for with good manners :laughing: Which gig was that anyway?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
you'd have been in 'best extreme', natch

Wrong, we're just a straightforward punk band except for the lyrics.

One day I'll sit you down and explain this "extreme" phenomenon to you...

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

That's us. What we lack in talent we make up for with good manners :laughing: Which gig was that anyway?

At Drummonds. We were on 2nd, you third, our name was City Seemed Eager. You might remember us because we were so good?

I apologised for only being able to catch your first two songs.

At Drummonds. We were on 2nd, you third, our name was City Seemed Eager. You might remember us because we were so good?

I apologised for only being able to catch your first two songs.

Oh aye, i mind watching some of your set and thinking you were good, i don't remember talking to you tho sorry! That was only our second gig so we had our minds firmly on the job. That was an excellent night all round.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Disqualify them IMMEDIATELY! :laughing: and give us their votes.

Piss off cunty, you're ahead by miles as it is.

Shudder to think how many folk you had to suck off...

:up:

Thrashist Regime are quite entertaining and pretty good players, Pryon are a wee bit better. The ones in 2nd are a bit like The Beta Band but don't thrill and Wifebeater have really good titles but aren't quite there. Tupelo have a good name but are a wee bit pedestrian. Is that a fair appraisal? I'm a bit simple and more than a little autistic, so I really don't know.