aberdeen-music

Crap Celeb Spot!

Lemonade

I saw Alex from "The Real Hustle" crossing Union Street at lunchtime.

Maybe they're filming here.... watch your possesions :up:

Oh god, if he comes into Waterstone's tomorrow to try and steal the cash-dollar I'll be royally ticked off.

I'm jealous of Dr Karl. I meant to go see him at Moshulu, but forgot, then the Lemon Tree, but I was on a post-London comedown so didn't bother. Like a fool!

Rolf Harrison a few year's back in the Littlewoods cafe - he was awesome; Billy Connelly in the bookies on King Street (seen him out and about in Aberdeen a few times, but that was the closest encounter); Camilla Parker Bowles on a flight to London.

Victoria Beckham walked past me in the street in London one time too...

I knocked over Jeffrey De Visscher's daughter in the Tesco on King Street. He was with her and said "hey man what you doing?2 and I said "oh, sorry I didn't see her. You're Jeffrey De Visscher." He then did a weird Fonze-esque pose with his two thumbs up then walked off. I only meet Aberdeen players in the King Street Tesco... Darren Mackie, Jackie Macnamara and Chris Maguire. Chris Maguire was just after Aberdeen had lost 4-0 to Peterhead in pre-season. I said nothing.

I went to school with Andrew Considine too.

I stood and watched an entire Paolo Nutini set with the boy from North Tonight with the grey hair that does the entertainment stuff. His name escapes me, so I should probably only get a half point on that one.

I've met Goldie Lookin' Chain as well. Mystikal was having a smoke at the bus stop outside the Lemon Tree when they played there in October 2004. Nice chaps.

I spotted Pedro Mendes in the Buchanan Galleries the last time we were in Glasgow.

On a vaguely more fashionable note, I met Mark Ronson last year.

I met those two gay guys that did makeover shows. I forget their names but a lovely couple and nice gents. That was on belmont street.

Met Billy Connely a few times.

Dylan Moran told me to fuck off in One Up.

Russel Anderson stayed near me.

Met all the Idlewild guys here at one point or another.

Met the Maccabees in One Up before my Higher English exam.

Met that presenter, the black one, used to be on CITV about 4 years ago? Angelica I think it was?

I just remembered Edinburgh festival 2007! Simon Amstel officially hates my cheeky, irish flatmate and I. We kept bumping into him and drunkenly jabbering at him. He was a bit of a cock so we proceeded to just annoy him everytime we saw him, which racked up to about 4 times in as many days!

Andrew Maxwell was good craic though, came for a beer with us and all. Was a good week.

Edinburgh festival is a treat for celeb spotting.

One of the most surreal moments of my life happen in Edinburgh during festival time... First Michael Caine drove past in a porsche as I was crossing the road, at the other side I spotted Clive Anderson then a guy rolled down his window and shouted at him...'you've got nae fuckin neck!!'

As for actually meeting them... Ronnie O'sullivan signed a pair of trainers for me once (had no paper at the time and he suggested it... Legend) and Dave Gorman gave me a badge (He's like the coolest nerd you know times 10).

I stood and watched an entire Paolo Nutini set with the boy from North Tonight with the grey hair that does the entertainment stuff. His name escapes me, so I should probably only get a half point on that one.

I served him in Boots once. Along with Darren Mackie. But not at the same time.

Although Aberdeen players don't count, me and a friend also saw Chris Clark and Scott Severin Christmas shopping a couple of years ago in the Bon Accord Boots.

I also saw the wifey that plays Roisin in River City on Langstane Place once. Random.

I saw him rocking out at a gig a year or two ago... 3 Inches of Blood/Biomechanical I think? It was funny as fuck, anyway.

I've walked passed Billy Connelly at Ballater Highland games when I was a kid, but that's the only one that springs to mind outside of thon grey haired North Tonight metal master.

I saw him rocking out at a gig a year or two ago... 3 Inches of Blood/Biomechanical I think? It was funny as fuck, anyway.

I've walked passed Billy Connelly at Ballater Highland games when I was a kid, but that's the only one that springs to mind outside of thon grey haired North Tonight metal master.

How on earth can you forget Jonathan Edwards? The man won gold medals!

I saw Dr. Gillian McKeith from 'you are what you eat' at Edinburgh airport.

Now that I think of it, a good indication of a crap celeb is when you feel you have to explain why they are famous :D

Is she not the epitome of crap celebs seeing as she is literally famous for digging through peoples crap?

As for the earlier comment about Mackie being hammered, that's not unusual, or at least never used to be. You can take the loon out of Kemnay, but you can't take Kemnay out of the loon. Actually, I think he still lives there, surprised he's not on smack! :D

As for spotting celebs, I don't think I ever have or will, because I couldn't care less about any of the publicity seeking c*nts!

Chris Harvey is the grey haired bloke. Met him at a Captain Face gig last year.

I meet many famous people, but the best was probably Gem from Oasis in Glasgow.

Nice one! That's definitely one of the better ones!

Apart from Mark Ronson, the best proper celebrities I've met are golfers probably, at Carnoustie. Tiger Woods, Ernie Els, Sergio Garcia and Davis Love spring to mind. Met Ally McCoist aged six as well.

I was six. Not McCoist.

In aberdeen

One of the brothers from journey south in snafu last year he was on the colombian marching powder and what a state he was in..Saying that he was a top bloke a good laugh and hung about woth us all night.....

Archie from balamory

He was in debenhams buying boxer shorts he was in panto here in aberdeen..My 5yr old daughter screamed out of her"HI archie" befor eme or the missus even seen him...He came over and chatted to my daughter so we let him in front of us in the que...

Floopy haired guy from STV

I wa sin town the night he was running about woth no top on drugged out his napper

Finley Quaye

Was in town one night and bumped into this dude outside an ATM machine beside bridge street...He denied who he was to start with but after tapping a fag from a mate he asked our advise on low profile good clubs.....We had an awmsome night and after it we went to the the kebab shop in market street where (and this is no lie) finley decided to tell the kebab owner he looked like lionel richie ...The kebab owner ended up telling us he was the uncle of an aberdeen player called zero zraly.We got our kebabs free and was asked to turn up there on the coming tuesday ....We all turned up, thinking finley wouldnt but he did...Then zero turned up so we went to 3 crappy nighclubs and had an awsome time

Metro

Oh hendrys

cannae mind the 3rd nighclub but ill never forget its smell...

And finaly my best one has to be glen michael...I was 7yrs old and at one of his road shows with my mum and dad...I some how got lost and was taken on stage with glen michael himelf bawling my eyes out and an announcement was made for my parents lol

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

On the not so good footballers thing - I used to play football against Shaun Maloney and Stuart Duff fairly regularly. Stuart Duff was amazing (central midfielder) and Maloney was nothing special....

Proper famous people - I met Liam Gallagher, Bonehead and Patsy Kensit at Heathrow when I was on a football trip, think I was 14. Liam Gallagher is a top bloke in real life - sat and signed autographs for an entire football team of kids, posed for photos etc :up:

The entire QPR team (with Mark Hately and fuck knows who else) was also there that day, but I wasn't interested in any of their autographs!

Others I've chatted at at gigs etc include Roddy Woomble and the entire Bootleg Beatles (okay, they're not really famous...), Chris Helme (Seahorses...) and Steven Milne.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

An old colleague of mine was once working in a club in edinburgh during the festival. One busy night, Christian Slater jumped over the bar and started pouring people drinks. My mate called him a cock and i believe physically chucked him out. Personally i would have let him do pretty much whatever he wanted as he is, with the possible exception of Samuel L Jackson, the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

Some elements of that story may not be 100% accurate, it was years ago he told me it.

I also saw the wifey that plays Roisin in River City on Langstane Place once. Random.

She's my brother (Duncan Dallas: used to play drums for Flaming Katy, now for Escape to Victory)'s girlfriends best friend. She's fae Aberdeen. She came to see Static in the City at The Lemon Tree and said she thought I was hot! Chuffed!

As for the earlier comment about Mackie being hammered, that's not unusual, or at least never used to be. You can take the loon out of Kemnay, but you can't take Kemnay out of the loon. Actually, I think he still lives there, surprised he's not on smack! :D

Believe he left Kemnay when he got married...

In aberdeen

Archie from balamory

Good shout. I briefly met him at the Hogmanay street party a few years back when he was in panto up here.

I've also met serial womaniser John Leslie in his Blue Peter days, and taken a pish next to the BBC's Richard Gordon at a Peterhead game.