aberdeen-music

Crap Celeb Spot!

Lemonade

I saw him rocking out at a gig a year or two ago... 3 Inches of Blood/Biomechanical I think? It was funny as fuck, anyway.

I've walked passed Billy Connelly at Ballater Highland games when I was a kid, but that's the only one that springs to mind outside of thon grey haired North Tonight metal master.

We (Element) were playing that and he was quite into it when we were on. That was awesome :laughing:

Roisin from River City - served her in R&B. She bought a tambourine :laughing:

Met most of the '99 Celtic team at Parkhead. w00t.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

An old colleague of mine was once working in a club in edinburgh during the festival. One busy night, Christian Slater jumped over the bar and started pouring people drinks. My mate called him a cock and i believe physically chucked him out. Personally i would have let him do pretty much whatever he wanted as he is, with the possible exception of Samuel L Jackson, the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

Some elements of that story may not be 100% accurate, it was years ago he told me it.

Christian Slater went to see Spamalot the same night as me in NYC in July 05, he was on his own and people were chatting to him at the bar at the interval but we couldn't be arsed.

In terms of Aberdeen (not including AFC players, too many to mention) I suppose the most famous would be John Altman aka "Nasty Nick" while walking down the steps beside the theatre, he was wearing a garish Hawaian shirt. Oh, Mariella Frostrup and Adam Faith, who had been at a Mark Knopfler concert at the Capitol. Billy Connolly a few times.

Mark Viduka in Edinburgh ages ago, Mark Hately in Edinburgh the other week.

Jonathan Watson in Glasgow, also Neil Lennon, in teh West End, not far from where he got kicked in.

Geoffrey Palmer on a flight from Aberdeen to London.

Leslie Ash in Soho. Leo Sayer looking in guitar shop windows in Denmark Street, talking to a film crew in a clearly desperate attempt to be included in whatever they were filming.

Sam Neill outside a Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris gig in Dublin.

Gary Coleman while waiting to board a flight at LAX. Slash (who had been on that same flight) in the departure lounge of the connecting flight to Scotland, luckily I just happened to be holding a Gibson Les Paul and he signed the scratchplate and chatted about guitars. :up:

Guest treader.

I've honestly never met anyone of worth.

Andrei Kanchelskis?

Stewart Mackimmie?

Ally McCoist?

mostly footballers when I was younger.

I've met a lot of famous bands when my band was supporting them, but that doesnt count.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I met Mike from Eskimo Blonde in Frankensteins just after I'd seen Eskimo Blonde supporting Ocean Colour Scene at Music Hall.

At the time I felt like I was meeting a celebrity......

I now know Mike, and that just seems ridiculous!

He was sporting a fantastic pear of skinny leather trousers. Marvellous.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I saw Dr. Gillian McKeith from 'you are what you eat' at Edinburgh airport.

Think yourself lucky you only saw her, her brother David (fine guy) married my half-sister so I'm related through marriage to the bastard bitch.

Not :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I stood and watched an entire Paolo Nutini set with the boy from North Tonight with the grey hair that does the entertainment stuff. His name escapes me, so I should probably only get a half point on that one.

Luggy's supposed to be a huge metal fan, nearly fell over when I saw him at the Yacopsae/Magrudergrind gig in Drummond's back in '07. Was tempted to ask him if he was into SPD but thankfully thought better of it. Don't think he was there when we played anyway.

My ex girlfriend's ex boyfriend is the boy Jamie from the Kills who goes out with Kate Moss. I never met either of them but I've as good as shagged Kate Moss and Pete Docherty by association.

Also, my best mate shagged Mark Burchill's ex girlfriend.

I've never actually met anyone famous but I've met people who've shagged them.

• Upvote 1

I saw Billy Connelly reading a newspaper in the BA Lounge at Aberdeen Airport, was sat across from Paolo Nutini (or so I was told - he just looked like a student bum to me) in a sushi resturant in Glasgow and I met the lovely Carole Smiley on the hit ITV daytime show, The People's Court. :p

I met Melinda oot o The michty Boosh, I took her home, and am sitting next to her right now. I intend sailing with her soon in that little yalla dingy that Julien - ( the guy with the tash ) was wearing.

I was accosted my Lady Ga Ga or fitever her name is that was supporting the Pussycat Dogs.

She introduced herself and offered her hand - which I gladly shook, and introduced myself as Lecht Polanski and told her I was from Poland in a dodgy accent - she is nice .